SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM BCS Migration at Year End

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing migration from former  budgeting to BCS at year end.

if we do migration on total basis, is it required to have system down time  to execute migration process ?

we are having the data from 2007 in former budgeting, cane we execute migration from year 2007 to 2014 in one time run ?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Regards

SAM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System is advised to be closed during the migration process. Totals migration is not time-consuming, so you can certainly run it in one shot. In any case, you can check the performance in your test environment: by all means, it is highly advisable to see the results of migration before applying the process in Production environment. Also, testing BCS and other system business flows are recommended.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System is advised to be closed during the migration process. Totals migration is not time-consuming, so you can certainly run it in one shot. In any case, you can check the performance in your test environment: by all means, it is highly advisable to see the results of migration before applying the process in Production environment. Also, testing BCS and other system business flows are recommended.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thank you for your reply,

when i execute the Migration in totals basis for all funds at a time for fiscal year up to 2013 ( Data is from 2006 to 2013 ) but i see only one fund got migrated in totals basis.

how do we ensure all funds migrated or not we have around 50 funds ,but unable to check the other funds staus whether migrated or not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SAM

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you doing this in background? There is no reason for blockage' of data based on fund value. You can ensure complete migration only by comparing the data.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

I am doing in background only without giving any selection in the fund field(Blank). but  i see only one fund in the Spool list,

other funds are not displayed in the spool list.

I am not sure whether, other funds are migrating or not.

even job log also not displaying any errors. 0 erros are shown in the output list.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Regards

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Spool might be limited to number of pages (default is 10 pages). Are you sure that you see the full Spool?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you for your early reply.

Spool is displaying 10 Pages only we are checking in these pages . i will check the other pages and let you know now.

Thanks in advance.

SAM.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your help,

we can able to see now all the funds.

Regards

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, good