cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP URL for WSDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

SOAP to RFC Sync is the scenario.Already created.

My confusion are,

1.What should I give to client for sending the data through PI to ECC?

i. WSDL (display from Sender Agreement)

ii. URL

iii. UserID and Password

Anything else except that above mentioned details?

2. When display the WSDL from Sender Agreement showing one URL and able to open the WSDL with the same.PFA the screenshot,

But in that wsdl its showing another details as soap address,

And when try to open through browser with the same,its showing

Now my question is which one should I give? or is there any problem with my configuration?

Please suggest!!

Thanks,

Arthita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-->The User needs the end point or Target URL or SOAP Address Location in your WSDL which is generated on top of sender agreement.No need to worry about the other URL.

-->Also to get clear picture about the URL save the WSDL and try to use SOAP UI test tool and import the WSDL into new project.So that you can understand to which URL you are sending data to.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita ,

What Nicola, Srinu and Pavan have mentioned above are all very useful and apt suggestions.

If you want to know how to test using a SOAP UI please check this link below. It helps you to test your SOAP scenarios without connecting to the client. It is like a local testing to ensure your interface is working fine. 

Your First SoapUI Project | Getting Started

Follow these steps and test your interface.

Regards,

Lakshmi Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If do some small changes in mapping or data type  or channel after after providing the WSDL to the client,It ll effect to the same?need to send again?

Thanks,

Arthita

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to send again. the same URL should reflect new fields.

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As  a PI developer, to deliver the WSDL file to the client, as PI is the web service server in this case. So you just have to develop the data type, message type and service interface and create the other PI objects as needed. Finally, you right-click on the Sender Agreement in Integration Directory, choose "Display WSDL", save the .wsdl file and give it to the client. In this .wsdl file, they will find all the details to consume the web service you created in PI. 

and you can copy the URL and share the same time to clint.

please refer the below ling for more details.

http://scn.sap.com/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi

Regards

Srinivas

nicolas_p
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita

You can give your client the WSDL (first) url, this will give them the description of the message structure as well as provide them the endpoint they need to call for the SOAP service.

The second url is the endpoint url, which is needed to send the message to. PI wil normally generate 2 endpoint URL's, one for the HTTP communication and one for the HTTPS communication.

The HTTPS url will only work your PI system has been configured for HTTPS communication.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

From your suggestion, my understanding is , as URL need to mention the fist URL which is generate when click on "Display WSDL" and As end point URL 2nd one, which is mentioned in WSDL itself.Is it fine?

PI wil normally generate 2 endpoint URL's, one for the HTTP communication and one for the HTTPS communication.

I'm not clear with this point. Cloud you please clarify?

And also not understanding this,

Is this response is as expected?

Thanks,

Arthita

nicolas_p
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita

If can if you want save the WSDL file that is given by the "Display WSDL" by clicking on the button "Save".

This will provide you with a .wsdl file that you give to your client. The WSDL is simply a text file that describes the structure and the url(s) that need to be called for the web service.

The url that needs to be called in the webservice are found in the XML tags <wsdl:port name="HTTP_Port"> and the <wsdl:port name="HTTPS_Port">

Both url mentioned in these tags are the URL's that are needed to call the web service.

When pasting this url in a web browser, it will check whether the SOAP Message Servlet is working or not. So the response you're getting is a good response.

I advise you to give the WSDL to your client, they should have enough information with that.

Don't forget to provide a user/password as well.

When importing the WSDL in a tool such as SoapUI, it will automatically generate an example message with the correct URL's.

regards,

Nicolas