Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with UI5 ESS URL with Role Upload in HR Renewal 2.0

former_member214868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in the process of implementing the HR Renewal 2.0 FP1.

I have made the custom copy of the Standard PFCG ESS role SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_XX_UI5_1 into ZSAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_XX_UI5_1.

I was able to upload this role in to SAP Portal by selecting the default system object created to point to our ECC system and assigned the ESS role to the end user.

Now the problem is with the URL which needs to points to the UI5 ESS Landing page in the ECC system. Instead the URL path now is,

http://portalhost:50000/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_suite_pb/main.html?page=HR_SELFSERVICES.

I have maintained the system object name in the Generic Content property category of iView and still it picks up the portal URL.

The relative path should be appended with the ECC host details instead of portal host details.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Urmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Urmila,

Did you manage to find a solution for this issue? We are facing the same issue. Can you please help?

-Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharadha,

Run the role from backend and make sure its has correct expected url, then from portal we can address it easily.

Once you copy and make Zrole, you have to modify and it should point it to the correct catalog.

In case if you still face issue, pls open a new  thread and past ur screen shots and details, so that we can suggest appropriate. 

Regards

Yugandhar reddy

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Yugandhar. I have created a new thread with details and screenshots.

Your help is much appreciated!

-Sharadha

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

go through this note 2011251 - Role Upload shows successful status but role is not created 1. Please verify if the logical system name property for the system object is configured correctly. For example: System: Q63 Client: 002 Logical system name == Q63CLNT002 Pattern: CLNT Please see sap note 761917 for details. whats maintained in System administration in Portal? Please check the role Upload Logs from the below location:  - System Administration -> Transport -> Role Upload  - There should appear a table with all the logs;