cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule based workflow for Supplier

0 Kudos

Hi MDG Gurus,

We are implementing MDG-S on MDG 7.0 on SAP ECC 6.0 ehp6 for a client in a co-deployed scenario.

Actually I have a small confusion in designing the workflow for this:

1) Can we only use a rule-based workflow for MDG supplier workflow configuration like we use for MDG-Material ? If yes, then after the activation of BC-set "CA-MDG-APP-SUP_DE_VC_USMD110_C" can we ensure that the BRF+ decision table steps will be imported successfully or do we need to perform some other configuration?

2) But, If we use the conventional method as given in the link Set Up the Workflow - Master Data Governance for Supplier - SAP Library,

then can we achieve success in the successful configuration of the workflow OR do we need to use both the methods as given in the guide.

Please let me know which is the preferred method which we can use for configuration of supplier workflow and please provide some document having screenshots or step by step guide to configure the Supplier workflow using these 2 methods.

Thank you.

Regards,

Satyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam

• It is possible to use rule based workflow for supplier. We need to update only workflow template against preferred CR type for Suppilier  and we need to maintain all three decesion tables for rule based workflow template in customization
  • Main differance for conventional workflow template it can be spillted functional area wise ( One for General Data, Other for Company Code data and third for purchase data so it can goes to concened cross team in parallel. In rule base workflow it is also possible but  we need to activate BADI for this.One main advantage for Rule based workflow template that we can add additional revi\ewers and approvers also.For conventional workflow step are as per below
  • Sumbission of CR by Requestor
  • Workflow splitted in GD.Cc and PD if all values are maintained and also GET_AGENT table also.
  • Respective functional area specalist review/update/Approved data
  • Then Finally it goes to respective functional area approvers who approved/Reject it.

Wheras in rule based workflow which is flexible for this we can add additional reviewer also. So it is our call to fit all business requirement and use best suitable option for thses.

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Can you please let me know that If I go ahead and configure Rule based Workflow for Supplier, then which BADI  I need to configure and how.

Also, For my understanding, if I activate the BC set 'CA-MDG-APP-SUP_DE_VC_USMD110_C' then can I ensure that all the decision tables data pre delivered by SAP will be imported into my client?

Do you have any step by step guide having screenshots which contains all the steps for rule based workflow configuration for Supplier as it would be easier to understand.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satyam

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

If you want to edit the rule-based workflow, we have a BADI named as "Context-Prepare for rule based workflow". By using this you can edit the decision table and create your own custom items(columns) in the decision tables.and you can assign the workflow template to your change request type.

like:-

SUPPL01----- WS60800086(rule-based workflow template).

for checking the decision table for supplier, once you go to Configure rule-based workflow setting, you have to select the object for supplier, like what we select for material(i.e. MAT01, MAT02, etc)

Thanks!!

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

The docs which  you shared are related to the customization of BRF+ tables for new CR types.

Do you have the docs having the step by step guide for Rule Based Workflow configuration for MDG-Supplier with screenshots?

It would be very helpful for me if you share it.

Also, please validate if the provided link is sufficient for configuring the workflow using standard templates w/o using rule-based workflow for MDG-S or any extra configuration is required for MDG 7.0 version?

Any inputs will be very helpful for me.

Regards,

Satyam

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for sharing the link, but I need a more practical link/doc which gives us a more screenshot wise understanding for the configuration to be done for MDG-S.

Also, please let me know if the link which asked you to validate is correct or not.

Regards,

Satyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam

Link I provided is more correct as link you provided may be specific project based.

Also I guess if you try to learn from all the links I shared it is sufficient, These documents are generic and not as per indiviual's requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You've mentioned functional areas like general, company or purchase data with possible different reviews/approvals.

What i'm looking for is to be able to create parallel request e.g. there's pending request on change to Company Code1 data - this should not stop user from requesting change to Company Code2 or to general data.

Would you be able to guide me how to achive this - wasn't able to find documentation.

Regards

Andrzej