cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal SAP 2013 OEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have Installed new Crystal SAP 2013 OEM  on server machine 2008 , beside my server   , I face and Error when i am trying  to run the a report

NiceApplications.ReporterEngine.ReportObject.CrystalReport' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

this Error mean that is trying to look for the dll that exist in th GAC, installing the SAP  Crystal  doesnt adds his dll's to the GAC.

should I install CRuntime on the Server , Or there is any other  way ?

Thanks

Fade Ismaeel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fade,

Do you have Crystal Server OEM 2013 (CRSE)? Which only installs RAS server?

if yes, then CRSE 2013 is a version 14.0 product and you should use 14.0 CR referenes with your application and not 13.0. CR 13 is for Standalone Crystal .NET applications.

You app is currently using CR 13.0 references  and thus it looks to load 13.0 version DLLs.

Either recompile the app using CR 14.0 references or install CR 13.0 MSI but then it would not communicate with CRSE 2013 RAS server, rather it would use the InProc RAS service from CR 13.0 crystal report engine.

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I have installed , Crystal Server OEM 2013 (CRSE) , so as you suggest I should not install the CRuntime

should I use  version 14.0 product can you please specfiy where can i download it  .

aslo if recompile the app using CR 14.0 references  then i don't need to  install CRuntime on the server machine ?

Thanks ,

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For CRSE 2013 there are no saparate runtimes.

On your development machine with VS installed you could install CRSE which would install all the 14.0 version SDK assemblies which you could assign to your app and recompile.

While deploying also, you could install CRSE on the web server.

I do think that you could do a custom installation of CRSe 2013 and only select the SDk to be installed.

- Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please advice where can I download the dll V14 and recomplie it?

I didnt understand the las Post , what you mean that I should should not install Crystal runtime on the server , I should combile with referenes  dlls with version 14 could you please advise where can i find these dll's

Thanks

Fade Ismaeel

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal Server OEM 2013 itself installs version 14 DLLs. There is no saparete download.

Follow below steps.

On your development machine,

Install Visual Studio.

Install Crystal Server 2013 OEM.

Open your app in VS, remove old 13 version references

add new 14 version CVR assembly referenes.

Compile the app and deploy it.

Now install CRSE 2013 on the machine where you have deployed the application.

- Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks alot ,

do you know where the dlls location after installing the Crystal Server OEM 2013 ?

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yuo could see them in GAC, C:\windows\assembly.

-Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is the  issue that  Crystal server 2013 not installed the crystal dll in th GAC.

does  there is any parameter should i add to the install

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CRSE 2013 should install the SDK too. Could you try installing it on a different machine just for a test.?

- Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes I  have install it on diffrent machines , but  I didn't saw the dll's in th GAC

this is the paramter that i have added  to the installations

string arguments = "-r \"" + Path.Combine(RAS2013Path, INIFIle) + "\"  \\q"

Message was edited by: TTT Adham

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, Conventionally, the SDK was to be installed from the actual product CRSE but I just noticed that there are saparate downloads for CRSE SDK also.

So Logon to

Service.sap.com -> Sap Support portal -> Software downloads -> Installations and Upgrades -> A - Z Index-> Click C -> SAP Crystal Server OEM
-> Crystal REP Server OEM 2013 -> Installation and Upgrades. A list of downloads would appear.

Download "51048293_2 SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 SP04 ENTER .NET SDK RUNTIME WINDOWS   " from the list.

-Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

what I am working with

SAP CR SERVER EMBEDDED 2013 OEM ..

and your suggestion is

SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 SP04 ENTER .NET SDK RUNTIME WINDOWS

I am using the first one becuase we need just to  refresh template  reports and we are not using the SAP BI ..

could you please advise the diffrence ? and why should SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 SP04 ENTER .NET SDK RUNTIME WINDOWS

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The difference is CR Server Embedded installs a RAS server and BI 4.1 SDk runtime on installs the SDK assemblies.

As both are 14 version products the SDK is the same.

- Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't understand

So Both install the dll' assmblies in the GAC ?

Or I need to install Both of them ? to get the server and the assmblies(14 version) in the GAC 

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the CRSE installation does not install SDK anymore, looks like you would need to install both.

CRSE would install the RAS server and 4.1 runtimes would install the SDK assemblies. Everything will be of version 14.

- Bhushan

0 Kudos

Hi TTT,

Download CRSE SP 4, install that on whatever PC you are going to run it on, may be the app Server or could be a separate PC.

Download the same SP 4 version .NET SDK Runtime and deploy that onto the PC where your app is going to run. If it's a hosted app then on your APP Server, if it's a Desktop app then each PC needs the SDK installed.

Same thing for your DEV PC, install the SDK ONLY, not required to have CRSE installed on it but it will need access to the CRSE Server.

To see them in Explorer.exe use this registry change:

1. Launch regedit.
  2. Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion
  3. Add a DWORD called DisableCacheViewer and set the value to 1.

And see this article on other ways to expose them, I used #1.

Windows Explorer and the Global Assembly Cache (GAC)</title><meta http-equiv="content...

Hope that is clear?

Don

PS - CRSE is an OEM only Product so you should have a support contract. Log a case in SMP and one of us will work with you to clarify what you do and do not need.

Don

Answers (0)