cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization on Storage Section

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Recently I faced a big problem in WM when I have created a role which contains create transfer order transaction (LT04), the problem is there's no storage section in the authorization organizational structure, there's only warehouse number and storage type.

How I can create authorization on storage section in each storage type for each user?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamer,

You are right at the time of TO creation, System does a validation check on Storge type and Storage bin and Storage section data gets populated automatically hence based on my knowledge i don't think Standard SAP is having the authorization object for Storage section

Please get in touch with your BASIS team might be they will be able to help you by setting something in the role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish,

But there's no any work around for this issue, for example restrict object's values in each transaction ?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never came across that scenario but in my previous project i saw during role definition BASIS team used to put different document type and based on that giving the authorization

Hence i hope that in this case they will find some way out to address this, best approach please contact your Basis consultant

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can base your authorizations on movement types too. Maybe the combination between all those objects could help you.

I have deep knowledge about authorizations and there is nothing like you require.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

but what is the logic from that Pablo !? why I can't set authorization on Storage section in storage type in warehouse number. (this combination is unique)

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, you could extend your question to storage bins. Why don't create authorizations on storage bin?? Combination Storage bin-storage type-warehouse number is unique too...

I think that maintain authorizations at that level would be quite difficult. Bear in mind that in IM you can manage authorizations just on Storage location.

pablo_marn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tamer,

there is no way to manage WM authorizations at storage section level. As you said, the unique organizative objects which can be managed are Warehouse number and Storage Type.

Regards

Pablo