cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Posting List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

in the attachment you can see an extract of the results of a group of items in the Stock Posting List. Since what I understood about this report, is kind a journal of the stock movement, I was asking myself what are all the item in blue without movement.

The criteria are in the second attachment.

So my question basically is why I've to see all those item that were not moved during the period, even though I flag "Hide Trans. without Qty Change".

Now our SAP Partner told me that this is SAP and how it works... It's hard for me to belive this, because let say I got 10'000 item a stock and during August I moved just 4 that means that I got back a monstrous list ... Is that for real a standard SAP?

What am I missing here? BTW I'm using SAP ver. 9.0 PL 07

Thank you for your support

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note:

1057391 - Stock posting list shows multiple rows for one transaction

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Nagarajan but I think we are not talking about the same thing

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me explain how inventory posting report works based on your selection criteria.

1. You are selecting item group "ALU".

2.  you are limiting display of item group by selecting particular warehouse

3. You are filtering item without stock quantity which belongs to selected item group ALU.

4. Filtering transaction that are related to selected item group within given date range. system will display detailed transaction if selected date matched with transaction date. Also system will show all other item without detailed transactions.

5. At this point, you are filtering selected transaction from point 4.

Even you can display particular documents by selecting document under Expanded option from point 5.

In short, you have selected item group and adding more filtering to get more details.

Hope you understand my points.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

first of all, thank you for your detail explanantion.

On your point 4, is based my question, when you wrote "Also system will show all other item without detailed transactions." Why should I have to see all the other item without detailed transaction, again, if I got 10'000 item and I just move 4 of them I got an infinite list.

On your point 5, I tried with flag or not, but I got back the same results.

Thank you

Roberto

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you selection criteria is based on item group. If you want limit, just required items to filter only required items.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is pretty clear to me that just selecting a specific Item I can see the movement for that specific Item, but I have to analyse a specific group of Item for that specific period and see just the one that got movement... and not all the Item of that group

Is like for the accounting JE, if you ask for the expenses account that has been moved during a period, you don't want to see all the Expenses account created in SAP

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because still your requirement from item group. System will take it as first point of selection criteria regardless of other conditions.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nagarjan for your support.

I've to accept how the system works, even though for me dosn't make sense at all.

Best Regards

Roberto

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If above standard report does not meet your purpose, you may get required details by customized query.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I guess I've to go in that direction, even though I expected that SAP BOne could have a Stock Journal Entry, with just the movement happened during a range of time. I remeber one of old DOS program that use to have that as functionality

Thank you anyway

Answers (0)