Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM OVP layout issue

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to enhance the delivered OVP configuration - HRESS_CC_PER_OVP. I have created another FORM UIBB and added it to this configuration. I am not able to place my custom form uibb at the beginning of the screen.

1. I added the new form uibb to the configuration main page - PERS_DATA

2. Changed the sequence so that my new component comes first

3. In this setup Tabbed component(HRESS_CC_OVR_PERSDATA_PHOTO_XX) is displayed first

4. I have tried adding a complete new section and gave the sequence to be 1 to that new section also. This section is displayed at the end.

I have not found any help on why this is behaving like this? Please help me.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark for your reply..

I tried administrator personalisation  option after looking at your reply. It shows properly in design time but in run time it has the same problem problem.

Yugandhar,

There is no cache issue. Because when I remove the custom component and test it then the component goes away( which means there is no cache issue. ).

Any more ideas???

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In Administrator mode you should be able to edit the layout and save as customising transport which then means all other normal users would see the layout configured by the admin.

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark. I know about the Admin mode. But the problem is that in Admin mode it looks right. But during run time it doesnt show the proper order.

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One other thing to try is removing any existing personalisation that may already be in place. To do this go to SICF in the client you are running ESS in and run the service sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_analyze_config_user

Use this to view and then if necessary clear any existing personalisation for your user(s)

Hope that helps

Mark

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark. It worked. I removed the personaliization and it worked. Apparently for each change I have to remove for this confiiguration...:)

Could you please take a look at this question?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3624982

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There is SAP note 1927921 that describes the reasons for an unexpected layout of customized OVP applications. Please have a look at it. It contains useful information...

HammerM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you tried using the Administrator Personalisation option (sap-config-mode=X) ?

This worked for us when we had the same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be possible. I didnot understand ur requirement. Do let us know what ur trying to achieve.

Are u u trying to make some changes to IT0002?

If you have ESS related questions post it in ESS forum, u will get more attention.

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to add an extra UIBB to OVP(HRESS_CC_PER_OVP) configuration. And ordering of UIBBs is not working. This new UIBB goes to second place eventhough i mentioned the sequence properly. I tried to create new "Section"  and placed the new UIBB in that section and made the new section to appear first in order on the OVP.  And this new section shows up after the existing section(which is not right).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u pls post the screen shots(design time and runtime), I think there should be a way. Also clear ur cache and cookies etc and retry to make sure ur getting new config rather than from cache.