cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP deleted my S-User account without warning or reason

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

I am a BASIS Admin for my company and this morning I logged into the support portal and went to download some software.  I have a SAP passport enabled on my browser so when I was prompted to enter my credentials to view the software download area, I thought maybe it was just a hiccup, it wasn't.  I entered my credentials and clicked OK, but the login prompt kept popping up no matter how many times I supplied my credentials.  So I asked a co-worker to see if he was having issues, no issues for him.  I'm thinking it must be something with my account, I was just in there yesterday and everyday for that matter.  I send an email to service@sap.com explaining the issue.  A few minutes later I get a response saying that my account had been deleted on 9/18/14.  Say what!?  I email my manager and he's not aware of the deletion.  I email SAP back and ask who deleted my account and of course they reply that they are not able to share that.  So, I have our Super Admin on our Partner account login so I can see if someone within the company is the culprit.  I pull up the Deleted Users screen and there's my name and account shown as deleted and under the Deleted By column it says "SAP".

Luckily I was able to reactivate my account and everything is back to normal now.  I emailed SAP back demanding an explanation as to why my account was deleted and of course, no response yet.  I've asked the other admins on the account if they received any communication from SAP about deleting my account and no one got anything.

I've been trying to figure out as to why this would happen, but really have no clue.  This really concerns me and I'm wondering, has anyone heard of this before?

-Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never heard of such a case before... maybe it was a stray ray from a Guest-o-Blaster?

Pretty spooky in any case.

Cheers, Lukas