cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic in Conversion File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We  have a requirement where we need to extract actual data from BW to BPC for GL 5020520001, but in BPC we have static GLs under this GL 5020520001 , say GL1001 and GL1002. That means GL1001 and GL1002 is under GL 5020520001, so I cannot pull data for 5020520001 since it is not basemember.

Now while extracting actual data , only for this single GL, I want to map this GL in conversion file to these static GLs depending upon certain criteria on profit center ( other dimension)  , i.e. in converion :

External              Internal             Formula

5020520001       GL1001       if Profit center is TA01

5020520001       GL1002       if Profit center is KU01

I have heard of javascript, but never implemented. Can we apply such logic in conversion file

Or do we have any alternate solution to pull data in such criteria.

I could have mapped Profit center to GL in transformations, and according could have mapped  the same in conversions also , but the thing is I want to apply logic to GL series also in order to eliminate a series of GLs.

So my second query is can we apply two conversions for a single dimension, and if so please explain.

Your inputs will appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't apply two conversion for one dimension, you need to list all conversion in one file.

for your first question, what you can do is concatenate profit with GL in your transformation file.

then in your conversion file check the first 4 char then assign the correct GL account using java script.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks andy..Can you please give a small code for javascript.

Former Member
0 Kudos

External                        Internal             Formula

TA015020520001       GL1001           

KU015020520001       GL1002       

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u mean to say, first we concatenate Profit center with GL in transformation and in conversion , remove it.

But, when for example

External        Internal

ABC????      ???? 

BPC????      ????

ABC1001       1021

BPC1001       1022

In above case, ABC and BPCare my profit centers and 1001  and ???? are my GLs

1021 and 1022 are my static GLs which are there in BPC and not in ECC.

So if I apply above logic, will the conversion treat 1001 differently, wont this  GL be covered in ABC??? and BPC???

Former Member
0 Kudos

In transformation file you concatenate.

in conversion file you don't remove anything, you use the results to do the checks.

you only need the below lines in your conversion file.

External        Internal

ABC1001       1021

BPC1001       1022

if you want to use wildcard you need to place it after the static ones.

ie

External        Internal

ABC1001       1021

BPC1001       1022

ABC????       ????

BPC????       ????

Andy

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you look into the option of start routine, and map the GL accounts with the relative condition of profit center.

You do not have to touch any other GL accounts expect the one you need to reclassify.

Ex for reference.

Thanks

Ed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Awaiting for your kind reply on the issue.

thanks...