cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Under >>BPC Admin>>Security>>Users>>"Users could not be retrived"

Former Member
0 Kudos

See details :- It is showing that "User BPCUSER does not exist".

Due to this error i'm not able to see user list

Can't create TEAMS,TASK PROFILES,DATA ACCESS PROFILES,ENVIRONMENT

so anyone please help me solving this issue......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow below instructions to tackle the problem: (processer needs to
have necessary Netweaver privilege to process)

1. Logon Netweaver
server
2. Open table "UJE_USER_AGR" through transaction "SE16"
3. Find the
value of "USER_AGR" of related environment (mapped to "APPSET_ID" in the
table)
4. Run transaction "PFCG" and open the Netweaver role (using the
"USER_AGR" found in previous step)
5. Goto "User" tab, and click "User
Comparison" to solve the problem (If user comparison failed, one possible reason
is that some users in the list are assigned with too many Netweaver roles and
profiles, see SAP note "410993" for more details. Please remove some roles and
profiles from those users and try comparing again.)

If problem still
persist after run above steps, please check if the right authorization is setup
in the Netweaver role:

1. Run transaction "PFCG" and open the Netweaver
role
2. Goto "Authorizations" tab, and click "Display Authorization Data" to
view the assigned authorizations
3. Check if the right enviornment name is
set to field "UJ_APPSET" of authroization object "UJ_IDENTI". If not, please
update the value with the environment name (uppercase).

Regards,

Hamda.

former_member213777
Participant
0 Kudos

Saved my day!

This was exactly what I was looking for. How to get a user to show up in the BPC environment? You  explained the steps above which are the steps after a user has been created in SU01 up to point where the user shows up in the BPC environment.

God job.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen the same issue previously.  For some reason BPC is not able to find the BPCUSER account in BW.

Check the user BPCUSER in SU01 to ensure the following:

1. Expiry date is not in the past
  2. Role end dates are not in the past
  3. License data is correct.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

You seem to be comfortable with the BASIS area, I would check the post installation steps as mentioned above since we don't have further details on your scenario.

My guess is that this could have something to do with the BPC RFC connection.

Check which connection is set in SPRO and then test it in SM59, ensure it succeeds in the authorization test.

Also, ensure that BPCUSER has been assinged the SAP_BPC_SERVICE role or equivalent and that its current profile is active and user comparison is not needed.

If the issue persists we would need further details like the exact error message in the front-end and back-end (slg1), also, run a security trace (st01) while reproducing the issue.

Regards,

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Download the installation guide from http://help.sap.com/bopacnw100

read from chapter 4, it might help.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Are you working with which version and SP level of BPC? (i.e.: CPMBPC 801 SP02)

Is your user an administrator of the environment you're maintaining?

Do you have SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW profile? (check in tx SU01)

What profiles does BPCUSER has in Netweaver? (tx SU01)

Have you followed all the post installation steps from the install guide?
(it doesn't matter you won't use some profiles or you're on QA and will transport the environment from DEV. All post installation steps are mandatory)

Regards,

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

I'm actually BPC Consultant and not involved in the installation process in spite of this i had gone through the profile of my user it contains SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW & SAP_BPC_SERVICE profile also & i also updated the RFC connections in SM59 but i can't resolve the issue.

Any how thank's for ur response...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

As your user has SAP_ALL it should have full access to your environment.
Could you please test if you got access to ENVIRONMENTSHELL and if you can add a new user/team/task/dap in there?

As for the post installation steps you should ask the team responsible for the installation to review them and ensure they were all correctly followed.

You can also review these ones yourself if you feel comfortable enough with the Netweaver configuration:
- Go to transaction SPRO, click on button 'SAP Reference IMG' and expand 'Planning and Consolidation' then 'Configuration Parameters'.
Click on the 'clock' button next to 'Set Global Parameters'.
In this screen you'll see BPC Global parameters but what's important for this case is the RFC_DESTINATION parameter.
Take note of its value and if it doesn't exist ask the BASIS team to configure it correctly as per the BPC Installation Guide.

- The value you've seen above is a RFC connection, so in transaction SM59 open the connection that matches this value.
It must be an ABAP connection, and the only setting that should have been adjusted is the client, user and password in the 'Logon & Security' tab.
Take note of the user entered there, I'll refer to it as the BPC_SERVICE user.
In the Utilities menu run both the Connection test and the Authorization test, if any test fails ask the BASIS team to review it.

- In transaction PFCG open role SAP_BPC_SERVICE in display mode (F7)
In the Authorizations tab there must be a green light which means that the latest profile has been correctly generated.
In the user tab there must also be a green light indicating the user comparison has been performed and the user displayed must be BPC_SERVICE.
In case there is a red light then you must ensure that the BPC_SERVICE user has all the authorizations from the SAP_BPC_SERVICE role.

- For this we can use transaction SUIM.
Expand 'Comparisons' and click on the 'clock' button next to 'Of Roles'.
In 'Role A' enter SAP_BPC_SERVICE, as for 'Role B' you'll need to make several tests for each of BPC_SERVICE's user roles.
It's possible that you'll have to compare profiles instead, you can get the SAP_BPC_SERVICE profile name from PFCG and the BPC_SERVICE user profiles in SU01.
I recommend creating a fresh new user and assign it only SAP_BPC_SERVICE role so you can compare users in SUIM.
Again, any issues here must be reviewed by BASIS team.

If the tests with ENVIRONMENTSHELL I've recommended above are positive then you can move on, otherwise ask your BASIS team to re-activate it by following Note 1615644.

In case the issue persists I recommend open an incident with SAP Product Support for further assistance.

P.S.: Sorry for the wall of text, I'm just detailing how to check the post installation steps that I think could affect this functionality.

Best Regards,
Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr.Marcelo i will check these settings and more over it's  very helpful answer .