cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Configuration - Splitting Up Queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have an issue in our production system with an inspection confirmation queue in R3 that gets blocked due to a bad LUW and it blocks all inspections behind it. This queue contains all the inspection confirmations that will route from EWM -> R3 -> CRM in which CRM willl create credits for the returned material.

Queue Name: R3AD_INSPEC_CONF

The problem is this is ONE queue for all inspections which come from several different returns so if one LUW fails they all queue up behind it and back up the system. Screenshot below! Our business is doing 20-100+ inspections a day across many many returns so this is an ongoing issue we face. We end up saving that luw to a trfc and fixing the issue and reprocessing it.

I want to split this queue R3AD_INSPEC_CONF so it has some identifier so if one LUW fails it will not block all the others behind it. I was told to check SM30 but I am coming up short on how to do this or what information I need to do it. 

So for example if I used sales order as the identifier it would be R3AD_INSPEC_CONF_1235689. I would like to see queues be unique to the order they belong to or if it could be by BP as well. Anything I can do to split this into smaller chunks.

any ideas? any resources to look at ?

Thanks!

- Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

If the communication is from ECC to CRM, then there is a table in ECC that needs to be configured thru SM30. The table name is CRMQNAMES.

There are several field that need to be populated User, Object Name, and Structure Name. The easiest way to get this information is to debug a queue after it is created in ECC and before it is sent to CRM. Next, you will need to get the field name that you would like to add from the structure that you found in debug mode.

Lastly, take the information from above and use SM30 to edit the table. Create a new row with the User, Object Name, Structure Name, and BAPI Structure Field from above. You might see some greyed out offset information, this is okay and SAP automatically populates this with information after the first queue is generated.

Hope this is helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

One option is to check with the basis and providing an separate application server for the queue processing based on the system performance.

The other option is to making bulk queue processing instead of one by one processing, In this we need do lot of analysis about the impact.

Check this link-http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sap%20crm%20Middleware%20optimisation%20reference%20docume...