cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlinks in WebI report ask for credentials again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I call a WebI report using opendocument url and pass the login token so that the user doesn't need to enter the credentials. The report displays fine and works as expected.

Now this report has some hyperlinks that open another WebI report in a new window. When I click on these hyperlinks, it is prompting me for opendocument credentials. I don't know why this should happen as I have passed the token for the main report. This doesn't happen in BI Launch Pad, but only in my custom application.

The hyperlinks are nothing but opendocument url to another report, without the token parameter though. Still I believe it should use the main report BO token for hyperlinks. Am I correct?

Can anyone tell me how to prevent the login prompt for hyperlinks in WebI report?

Environment: SAP BO 4.1 SP3

Heres the code:

IEnterpriseSession sess = null;

try {

sess = CrystalEnterprise.getSessionMgr().logon(BOUsername, BOPassword, BOServer, BOAuthentication);

} catch (com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException e1) {

e1.printStackTrace();

}

String serSession="";

try {

//serSession = sess.getSerializedSession();

serSession = sess.getLogonTokenMgr().createLogonToken("",60,30);

//serSession = sess.getLogonTokenMgr().getDefaultToken();

} catch (com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

String serSesEncode = URLEncoder.encode(serSession,"UTF-8");

And the opendocument call for the main report:

<iframe id="reportFrame" src="http://<%=openDocServerName%>/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=CUID&iDocID=<%=docId %>&token=<%=serSesEncode %>" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="600px"></iframe>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratik,

- What happens if you directly put the OpenDoc URL of parent report in a browser, it will ask you for the credentials for parent report, just verify whether it asks for credentials for child report also?

Also try the below steps:

- Stop Tomcat or the Java Application server being used

- Navigate to the OpenDocument.properties

- Default location is \Tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\default

- Then goto \Tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom

If OpenDocument.properties is there, edit it and add a line for logon.allowInsecureEmbedding=true.

If OpenDocument.properties isn't there, create a file called OpenDocument.properties and add the line logon.allowInsecureEmbedding=true.

Once you have made this change, copy the file to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\warfiles\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\config\custom. Then restart Tomcat.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are seeing this new behavior now after upgrading from SBOP 4.1 SP2P3 to SP5P5. But with a little twist.

Our users can click the hyperlink for about 30-90 minutes however after a certain about of time the hyperlinks fail and they only work again if you do a tomcat restart.

Prior to the upgrade our scenario was similar where users would click on hyperlinks in the main report to other reports and the hyperlinks would work without prompting log in.  Now the hyperlinks bring up the log in page for the users.

We verified all config files are set correctly.