Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Suggetion to built better Carrier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am E&C engineer and having 4 year of exp in SAP ABAP, CRM web UI. worked in multiple project(support, roll out , implementation) in many MNC like  Accenture, Sandisk, SAP Labs.

Frankly telling i am not satisfy with my current job profile like doing coding screeching head to build logic or debugging full day to find a issue.
I rather enjoy  to organize enterprises , taking a responsibility to run organization perfectively. requirement understanding and collection. provide business solution. etc.

Please suggest what should i do with my carrier. Like this i am very much frustrated . Please please please suggest.

Thanks.

J

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J Ahmed,

If you got bore and would like to move on requirement understanding, gathering, business solution then you can go for SAP Functional role or SAP Solution Architect role.  SAP Solution Architect require good number of experience.  So, first get into SAP Functional consultant because I have two guys in my current project who moved from SAP CRM Technical to Functional role as they told same thing to project manager.  Now, they became TechnoFunctional consultant.  If we assign any work to them in SAP CRM, they do both Functional and Technical roles and finish on or before time.

So, you have to discuss with Project Manager or Account Manager about your wishes.  They tag you to become SAP Functional Consultant in 6 to 12 months.  If they don't allow you to do, then apply other companies SAP CRM Functional roles to get in.

You can also apply for SAP ABAP Team Lead role to manager a group of people to achieve what you want.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks GGOPII,

i understand functional is better option. which is the best and what is the difference between SD functional or CRM function.

Please advice.

Thanks

J

0 Kudos

Hi J Ahmed,

SAP SD is purely based on Sales and Distribution order management processes which enables to sell manufacture / procure / stock to sell the products to customer (business processes like Make to Sell, Stock to Sell, Purchase to Sell etc) and SAP SD is one of the core function module in SAP ERP.

SAP CRM is Customer Relationship Management, it takes care pre-sales, partly sales function and post sales activities on top of the SAP ERP or integrated with other SAP Systems or Non-SAP systems.

If you would like to move onto Functional side, then give a shot in SAP CRM first.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GGPPII,

How is SAP Fiori UX ? Please suggest.

Thanks

Raza