cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment Mandtory for selected GL's Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

My requirement is segment Mandatory for selected G/L's account. I done the changes in "Field status group" and add in GL accounts.

But when i doing MIRO entry that time follwing error occured even i have entered segment. Pl check the screen short.

Field Segment is a required field for G/L account

Message no. F5808

Diagnosis

The value for field "Segment" in the interface to Financial Accounting is an initial value but you are required to make an entry in the field selection for G/L account "800067" in company code "XXXX" linked to the field selection for posting key "40".

System Response

Error

Procedure

It might be an error in the configuration of the G/L account field selection. The initial application, used to call up the interface must otherwise define a value for field "Segment". If this is the case, contact the consultant responsible for the application used to call up the interface or get in contact with SAP directly.

Regards,

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

System will pick the fields Optional/Mandatory/Suppress @Posting Key Level & Fields Status variant in FS00...(GL)

Check for Posting key for 40- in OB41 also....(cos if system will consider priority @posting key level & then FSV)

Regd,

Khan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

I checked as you said, for posting key 40 "Segment" is option in OB41.

Dear  Khan,

As you mentioned, how the system will check, is it check by first Posting key then  FSG?

need to change Segment field from optional to require.

Regards,

PK.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Also check the profit centre field status for the GL account & posting key '40' in OBC4 & OB41 accordingly.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mukkhar,

In OBC4 i.e. Field Status Group (FSG), I have tick segment as "Require" and OB41 - Posting Key "40" Tick as Optional.

Is it necessary to Tick as "Require" in OB41?  But my requirement is for selected GLs only not for all GLs, which i have done in FSG.

But when i doing MIRO entry the above error occured even i entered segment. Mainly issue segment get resetted even entered in MIRO.

Regards ,

PK.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

As you said the segment field status for OB41 is optional, then let it be. But you have to check the profit centre field status for the GL account in OBC4 & OB41 for posting key 40. The profit centre field should be optional in both the cases. If not make it as option and do MIRO.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

As you said both area i.e. OBC4 & OB41, profit center is optional, but same error occurred.

is there any link Profit center and segment? Are you talking about Profitability Segment?

Profitability Segment is not concern me.

Regards,

PK.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

I am not talking about profitability segment. There is a link between profit centre and segment. The segment will define in the profit centre master data. Have you assigned any cost centre to the GL? In the cost centre have you assigned any profit centre? Have you assigned segment to profit centre?

Please clarify me.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

Thanx for youre replied.

1. We have not define segment to profit center master data.

2. not assigned cost center to GL.

3. profit center not assigned to Cost center.

Pl help me to resolve this issue.

Regards

PK.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Have you defined any substitution in GGB1 for segment?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

No substitutuion has been defined for segment...

any other configuration??

Regards,

PK.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Change the field status of Segment for the GL accounts as optional and manually provide the segment at the time of MIRO posting. If you want to check the field maintains for the special GLs. You have to write a validations and check it accordingly.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Check the field status for the posting key.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

Thnx for your prompt replay, sorry , but not clear your stattement.

Pl explain in deatil.

Regards,

PK.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Check the field status of Segment for the posting key '40' in OB41.

Regards,

Mukthar