Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using different currencies in consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a structure like

Entity C and Entity D has data with both TL and USD currencies available in system. In 4 consoscope  I would like to consolidate data in TL currency.But when data consolidates up to Main consoscope, I would like to consolidate data in usd currency.My aim is not to use translation because there is data already available in both currencies in system.

Couldn't figure how to do that, if anybody have done that before or has any ideas I appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it's a question of setting up the conversion rules correctly.

Did I understand it correctly, entities C and D are loaded both in TL and USD with TL being the local currency (so LC)?

And TL and USD would be set up in your currency dimesion as reporting tpye currencies?

Is USD the only currency other than LC or do you (or will you) also need EUR for example?

If it is only TL (=LC) and USD then you could define an FX TYPE for those two entites which uses [AS_IS] for all conversions. That way you would have to load TL as LC, TL as TL and USD as USD and on conversion BPC would simply keep the values you have loaded. You could also use script logic to load TL as LC and then copy it to TL before the actual conversion.

BR,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Thank you for your answer, I have changed as you said , it works but when I run FXRESTATEMENT second time it doubles the data.

Onur,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Onur,

have you set the STORE_GROUP_CURR parameter for your groups to Y or N? If N (or empty), please change it to Y and try again.

BR,

Arnold