cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next release of PowerDesigner?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Do you know where I can find documentation on timing for next release of PowerDesigner and end of maintenance for PowerDesigner 16.5 sp03?

So far, all I've been able to find is a SAP document from 2013 that indicates end of mainstream maintenance for PowerDesigner 16.5 in February 2015.   Is that still the current plan? What release succeeds 16.5 and when will it be available?

Thanks in advance your help!

Ann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arnaud_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know, there is no end of life for the 16.5 release defined yet.
PD 16.5 SP04 should be available for public within a couple of weeks.
And PD 16.5 SP05 is currently scheduled for S1 2015.

HTH,

Arnaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armaud,

Thanks for the reply!

Can you send me a link to the sap site where you found the release information you shared for Sp04 and Sp05?

The PAM(product availability matrix) for PowerDesigner 16.5 shows 2/2015 for end of mainstream maintenance...and PowerDesigner 16.5 is listed in the section on the PAM site for products nearing end of life, which surely seems odd , given the info you shared.

Thanks!

Ann

arnaud_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ann,

Infromation about SP04 and SP05 come from PowerDesigner engineering: there is no page yet. You will be able to download 16.5 SP04 from Software Downloads | SAP Support Portal once the software has been validated by the website team.

I will forward your concern about PAM, and see if we can have it modified.

KR,

Arnaud

arnaud_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

PowerDesigner 16.5 SP04 and 16.5 SP04 PL01 are available for download from SAP Software Download Center. I highly suggest you apply 16.5 SP04 PL01 right after you moved to 16.5 SP04.

FYI, EBF can only be applied to same minor version and the setup prevents users from installing from an incorrect version.

KR,

Arnaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arnaud,

Buglists are not in EBF download packages anymore. Where can we check what’s fixed in SP04 PL1?

Thanks

Mehmet

arnaud_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mehmet,

There is an Info link next to the EBF title: it should contain the info you are lookign for.

For example, browse for PowerDesigner support packages and patches, select a verison and scroll down. You should find for 32-bit platforms:
POWDES165004P_1-10013311.ZIP     EBF 23575: 16.5 SP04 PL01 PowerDesigner (32b)
Next to Patch Level 1, click the Info link. It opens a new window, click the note 2074301 to open the release notes. There are many attachments including the buglist.

HTH,

Arnaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Arnaud

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

I am a product manager for SAP PowerDesigner, and I understand the confusion you are facing with the PAM and future releases of the product.  As SAP PowerDesigner is a former Sybase product, we have been integrating our release cycles and policies into the SAP ones, and there are some differences, specifically in the way we used to manage support policies and related released versions.

However, we do have an active roadmap for SAP PowerDesigner, and if you work with your sales team, we are happy to arrange a presentation of that roadmap to you over a web session and answer any questions you may have.  Please remember that dates that may have been mentioned in previous posts, while they might be consistent with internal planning schedules, they are not commitments on SAP part to release any specific service pack at any future time, for any product.

The PAM dates for end of life and support are automatically set based on release policies at SAP, which differed enough from Sybase's processes, and create some confusion as a result.  We expect to complete the release process integration shortly, which may have our release planning and therefore the PAM published dates set more consistently with overall SAP release processes.

David Dichmann

SAP PowerDesigner Product Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks very much for the information.

Is the active PowerDesigner roadmap you mentioned posted anywhere on SAP's site yet or will this be posted soon as part of the integration  work you mentioned above?

It would be great to have access to the PowerDesigner roadmap in service.sap.com/roadmap as we do for other SAP products.

Thanks!

Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt Creason, Product Management Director, is updating the PowerDesigner Roadmap for Service marketplace, and it will be posted together with the delivery of that new roadmap at d-code/TechEd.  So, it should be posted there very soon.  Feel free to check back with me if it does not appear soon.