cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while trying to transport BPC Security objects - BPC 10.0 NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm getting this error while trying to transport BPC security objects (Teams, Task profiles, Data Access Profiles) from DEV to QUA :

All the other objects were successfully transported !

I have the following configuration :

Source System (DEV) :

SAP_BW 740 SP 02

CPMBPC 801 SP 05

Target System (QUA)

SAP_BW 740 SP 03

CPMBPC 801 SP 05

How can I solve this issue ?

Thanks

Maha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maha

Please, follow the next steps:

816926 - Error when attempting to import BPC transport request on the target system

Resolution

1. Run SM59 transaction in BW,
  2. Scroll down the "ABAP Connections" node and double-click on the proper RFC connection (the one used by BPC),
  3. Go to "Logon & Security" tab,
  4. Type "Ctrl + F1" key combination on the keyboard,
  5. In the "Password" field, re-enter the corresponding password of the BW service user,
  6. Click on "Save" button:  

SM59Bis.jpg

Best Regards,

Juan Pablo Ch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Yes, I applied both notes 1816926 and 1942309 then it worked. I had also to add some authorisations to BWREMOTE user.

B.R.

Maha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for your reply

Here is attached (log.txt) the full log of the section that starts with "Start of the after-import method..."

Hope it provides more information.

Regards

Maha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maha,

It looks like your background user doesn't have the authority to perform the transport. Whatever user id that is used to perform transports needs to have more authority assigned to move transports of this nature.

If your Security team wants to go lowest permissions necessary, you could give them the info from your screenshot and they should be able to apply the permissions it shows as missing from your screenshot. However, I think it is recommended to have the transport user have much more than base level permissions.

Check with your Security team to up the access of your transport user to solve this issue.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maha,

As Peter suggested, a full log would help, or at least the line that starts: "Start of the after-import method..."

My guess is that you are missing the master data required for the security to be promoted. This is usually my issue.

For instance, if your security says: Data Access Profile "X" can Write to ProductLineA, you need to make sure the master data exists in your Quality system for ProductLineA.

If the above is your issue, if you expand the line "Start of the after-import method...", it will tell you "Member ProductLineA does not exist in dimension PRODUCTS" or something similar.

Regards,

Alex

SeerOfSig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Maha,

there is not enough information in the dump you provided to try to determine the issue.

Please expand fully the dump so that all the detailed error message is shown and then attach the dump file to your reply (you can use the advanced editor when replying to this message to attach a file). Hopefully the full dump will provide details on the issue you are experiencing.

Regards,

Peter Kreutlein

SAP Active Global Support