Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Account Group (BU_GROUP) in ERP --> CRM replication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are running CRM 7.02.

Customer has a requirement to change the account group in CRM, between 2 account groups in different number ranges.

They currently do this via XD07 in ERP, however, the changes do not replicate fully to CRM.

(CRMM_BUT_FRG0041-ACCOUNT_GROUP is updated by middleware, but BUT000-BU_GROUP is not)

We are thinking to use BADI BUPA_INBOUND to make an enhancement in CRM that will force the account group to be changed in field BUT000-BU_GROUP.

We understand that the account group will no longer align with the assigned number range.  This is acceptable from customer perspective.

Are there any other issues that we should be concerned about or made aware of ?  Any other customers facing similar requirement / experience ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marga_MRM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Charles,

We understand that the account group will no longer align with the assigned number range--->  there´s no problem if your customer accept as in ERP you will get the same result if you use de XD07.

I have seen systems where there is no allignement between  Ranges and account groups.

Check anyway because i am Know in a 7.03 and   ERP account group is alredy available  and can be edited in CRM (BP_Head/AccountDetails. Attribute Account Group).

If you can not edit the field there is a OSS note to solve it...(2144603)

Marga Ribes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Margarita.

We did proceed with the BADI implementation (BUPA_INBOUND) and are updating the account group with IF_EX_BUPA_INBOUND~CHECK_BEFORE_INBOUND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margarita,

i can not find the field (R/3) Account Group in the AccountDetails, there is only a field BP_GROUP, which is the grouping, but not the R/3 Account Group.

The only place i can see the field R/3 Account Group is transaction BP, but not in the WebUI.

Can you help me out.

Thanks,

Wladimir

Marga_MRM
Participant
0 Kudos

I have it in context nodemarketing and tecnical name is  for BP_HEAD/AccountDetails: STRUCT.ACCOUNT_GROUP

Hope it helps

Marga Ribes

sonal_amin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Wladimir,

Below are the technical details of the field: R/3 Account Group:

Component: BP_HEAD View: AccountDetails Context node: Marketing attribute: ACCOUNT_GROUP.

Also please refer note: 2144603. This note can help to resolve error which can occur after adding the field to the UI, if you have not maintained it correctly.

Regards,

Sonal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Charles!

The Account Group is the essential controlling element in the ERP system. In CRM there is no such concept of the account group that controls all important functions as is the case in ERP. Therefore there is no 1:1 mapping of the account group between ERP and CRM. The account group is mapped to the sales classification in CRM. This allows you to specify which sales classification the business partner receives depending on the account group maintained in ERP. This is why you see the change in table CRMM_BUT_FRG0041. You must specify a numbering group for which the new business partners are assigned their new BP ID in CRM. This is what the BU_GROUP field refers to in BUT000, the numbering group and not the account group. So a change in account group will never change the ID of the BP in CRM. Changing the ID of a BP in CRM can have serious inconsistencies. Note 504265 provides details on this and a possible work around. Hope this helps!

Conall.