cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI output triggered for old PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

on 09.09.2014, EDI ( output type NEU, transmission medium 6) output type has triggered for more than 700 PO's which has been created in 2012 for several vendors and sent to supplier again as a duplicate copy. Suppliers are reaching client for this and some suppliers started sending goods which client has not ordered. There are no changes available in PO and users have not edited those PO's. There is no batch job scheduled to trigger output type. How else is possible for triggering output type in old PO. Please share your ideas.

Regards,

Prasath J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check ME23n and check header and line item changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi.

I already told that i dont have any changes in PO. EDI output has automatically triggered.

Regards,

Prasath J

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you sometimes copy production system to refresh a test system? In that case you may find a hint by looking at the PO how it was when the last copy was done.

I guess these where unprocessed messages. Check the details of table NAST for creation date and processing date and some other fields that may be able to give some hints

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Yes, client do copy from production to test systems? But how would i come to know when was the copy done? These messages are processed successfully and mail has been sent to supplier from production system which is causing problem. When i check the NAST table, i saw the creation date as 09.09.2014 and time from 12 pm, every entry has started sending to supplier at regular interval.

Regards,

Prasath J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Adding more information. These are old PO's which has been created in the year of 2012. All of sudden, EDI out put type has triggered for these old PO's and sent to vendor.

Regards,

Prasath J

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask your basis team when the last copy was done. if the copy was done between creation date and now, then the PO in the copy system will show how the PO was before the incident happened.

This way you can see if there were unprocessed messages.

Message records do not create by itself in old POs, And 700 cases do not speak for a manual activity either,especially as you are saying that you have no change records.

Maybe there was something done programatically  to solve an earlier problem from you:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked some PO's in copy system (Quality) where i dont find any message type triggered.Before copying from production to quality, message type in production system should have been deleted by program RSCLNAST and so there is no output type in quality system as i said in "PO Output Message Disappears" which you added in your comments. These EDI outputs been triggered recently on 09.09.2014 in production.

Regards,

Prasath J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Seems that business had tried to set DCI indicator for old pos' which has triggered EDI output type and sending to supplier. How can we stop output type triggering when setting DCI? please suggest.

Regards,

Prasath J

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"delivery complete indicator" print

Just copy and paste above words like they are into the search bar on top right. I bet you will find the answer among the first 10 hits

former_member190990
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasath,

Please refer to thread

Regards,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I checked as your said but those threads are for print output after setting DCI but mine is about triggering EDI  output type to send to supplier. Is this to be checked in print program or any configuration. Please suggest.

Regards,

Prasath J

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't it at the same place in your PO?

EDI, printing, mailing, faxing, all these are messages and follow the same customizing of message determination and condition records as well as print relevant changes