Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for SAP Payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

How are you?

I'm working in payroll section for a big petrochemical company has more than 40,000 employees worldwide.

I was just thinking if we have some way to customize our system to have below ideas:

• Process off-cycle urgently payment during payroll area locked for closing. is there any possible way?

• We are dreaming to have full tracking system for the employee payment requests such as Advance travel payment or any off-cycle payment request. Do we have way to enhance the system giving the authority to employee tracking his payment from submitting the request until receiving his payment from the bank?

Thank you very much for your collaboration

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,,

Yes,you can track the employee travel plan,travel approval requests,leave request,PMS status and requested advance payment on the way to approval till clearence from bank.For that you need a workflow consultant and a abaper to do so.Employee hopefully can visit an track those in his ESS portal,as all employee havn't authority to use SAP .

Please explain in details-Process off-cycle urgently payment during payroll area locked for closing??

Regards,

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply...

the second question I meant:

We are doing a monthly payroll salaries run. Usually we takes 1 to 3 days processing the salaries. In this period we cannot pay any Off-cycle payment to employees because the payroll system already locked.

the question is: Is there any solution enabling us to pay off-cycle payment while the payroll system is locked?

thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopefully its not possible

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Off-cycle payroll can be done only when the previous payroll is exited.

For paying urgently, you have to pay through FI or externally, and later you have to adjust in regular payroll. But this requires some accounting adjustments.

Regards,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , currently it is no possible .

But I think the issues will never exist in further .

SAP are working on to keep the lock time shorter and shorter .

Answers (0)