cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc inbound failed with error : Mat Not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have an issue with the inbound IDoc,( msg type ORDERS) .

the Error message is :

Material 5410138034269 is not defined for sales org.0970 , distr.chan.10 , language

5410138034269 is an EAN nr. used in MEAN Table.

in the segment E1EDP19 , the number is filled.

And it is maintained like the pic below in Material Master.

I dont know if in the IDOC the Unit of Measure should also be filled ? if yes, where it should be maintained?

plus , strange is, if i change the EAN to the material nr, the IDoc could be processed, and the order is also created successfully.

Could anyone explain that ? ( I think we are using the standard sap function to process the IDocs)

Thanks

regard

Recke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another assumption may cause the problem is

I am using qualifier 03 for EAN code. I have maintained EAN in material master and is putting this EAN code in segment E1EDP19 with qualifier 03. However, system is still saying that material does not exist ( I have checked the material in Sales area and language , it exists).

When I change the segment E1EDP19 to have actual material ( 003), system works fine. Basically, qualifier is not having any effect on sales order creation.

Is there any setting I have to do to make qualifier work. I need to put EAN nr. in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

maintain VB11 for the mapping of EAN number to actual material number. It should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if still cannot. Do something in exit ZXVEDU03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Alan,

thanx for the reply.  it works if i maintain VB11 to map EAN with SAP Mat NR.

but one more question.

as I tried before, if i changed in IDoc the field for EAN nr. to SAP Mat. NR. ,  it also works.

Could you kindly explain that ?

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its like access sequence.

If EAN cannot be found in VB11, system will check it as global part. That's why initially you got the error EAN does not exists in sales org.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

that means,

the first access , it checks the number as EAN and search via VB11

if nothing found, ---->

it would use the second access to search this number as sap material nr. , that explains why it can work, if i change the field from EAN nr. ---> Material Nr. , am I correct ?

do I see/ maintain this access sequences some where in customizing ?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes.

You can't see in customizing. its inside the include program logic

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Recke,

The screenshot of the Idoc shows the IDTNR = 5410138034245, whereas the error message that you have pasted has the IDTNR = 5410138034269.  Also, I can see that there are two E1EDP19 segments -one with Qualifier = 003 and another with Qualifier 001. Can you check and provide the correct details. My guess is that you are passing the IDTNR = 5410138034269 in the E1EDP19 with Qualifier = 001-which is actually the qualifier for Material number. Please provide these details before can arrive at a conclusion. Thanks.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is in Qualifier 001?

Anything maintained in VD53?

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way, based on the error msg,

it is written

• a short text with the appropriate language exists in the material master record (a short text must be available in the language of either the customer or the sales organization)

what does that mean ? either in customer or sales org, where I can configure that ?

thanks!

ajith_kumar10
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

im material master in mm02 u will find the language. i hope its not mainatained.

maintain it and check. hope it will silve the error

regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for the answer

as  i replied above, i see in the material mm02 , additonal data ---> description : Lauguage DA is maintained .

do i also need to make sure customer for the order also maintained in DA ? how can i check that ?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the language the customer is with can be found in XD03 --> general data view --> address tab --> communication frame --> language drop-down list

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material 5410138034269 is not defined for sales org.0970 , distr.chan.10 , language

Did you check that material is maintained in the above sales line ( 0970+10)?

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for the reply,

yes, as I said, the material can be used in the order for the sales org. and distr.chnl.

i guess the problem may stay in the UoM, but not sure, since in the segment I dont see any UoM mentioned.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It seems like material is not extended to specific language, can you check in which language your customer language is maintained and compare whether the same language is maintained in the description of Material master

MM02-->Additional Data

check and revert

thanks

santosh

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested, even i guess the language of the customer is missing in material master in additional data in MM02

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

as i mentioned, the language in the error msg ,is language DA

i checked the mm02, for the material, addtional data ---> Descriptions

there is  DA there.

if that is what you mean , then for this language DA, this material is maintained.

I even added DA in the tab - Basic text for the material

but another problem identified is

in material EAN nr.

there are twice 05410138034252

another question is , how do i check if customer is maintained in DA ? is it necessary ?

thanx