Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expense: Error: Travel Exp already exist not possible to switch schema

Adinarayana_B
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I am supporting Travel Management in one reputed company.

User facing one issue where TRF raised by copying one old TRF, during that time Travel expense report also getting copied. It is not giving any error while raising TRF in this process, but when the user trying to raise TER for the same he is geeing error: 'Travel Expenses already exist not possible to switch schema' Kindly suggest how can I stop this. Attached is the ESS Screen.

Regards,

Adi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

as far as I know, overlapping travel expense reports are (still) not possible in standard. You can configure to have overlapping TERs with Weekly Reports and you can configure to have special trip schemas for particular receipts as phone costs or internet costs to overlap in terms with receipts of other TERs, though. Since this knowledge is four years old or so, though, you could check in FITVFELD field "Overlapping Trips allowed" and Feature TRVPA Field WRC=1. It's standard by the way, that overlapping TRFs are not rejected by the system.

Can you elaborate on the business needs of having two trips at the same time? I mean, you can't be at two locations at the same time

Cheers, Lukas

Adinarayana_B
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Employees of our client frequently visit plant locations. In this cases they need to raise travel requests frequently with same activity type, destinations etc.. but with different travel dates. what happens here is they are copying old TRF which Travel Exp report already settled and editing dates of  TRF so new Travel form is ready for approval, during that time Travel Expense also getting copied form TRF. If user raising for expense for present TRF they are getting this issue " Travel Exp already exist not possible to switch schema"

Regards,

Adi.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

thanks for explaining the business process. Well yes, if you copy a request, you also copy the expense claim, that's completely normal, because the data foundation is the same (PCL1-TE). Whether a trip is a travel request or an expense claims only depends on certain indicators in PTRV_HEAD.

Have you read / checked what I wrote in my earlier post concerning the option in FITVFELD and the Feature TRVPA?

Cheers, Lukas

Adinarayana_B
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Yes I checked the Feature TRVPA and TP Varient.

Previous consultant has configured as mentioned below (Might be standard settings). Should I need to remove WRC 1 to get my issue rectified.

Regards,

Adi.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

no. Leave that as it is. I wasn't entirely sure whether the field's value influences the TER in any way. But since it is = 1 and your TER schema collides, this is completely irrelevant. Still good to have this ruled out.

Have you checked what I wrote concerning FITVFELD_WEB? There's a checkbox in the schema "Overlapping Trips allowed" (loosely translated from German, might not be verbatim). If it's not checked, check it and retry.

Again though: 4 years ago, as I already stated in my earlier posts, these settings had no impact on the collision of Travel Expense Claims and coexisting TERs in the same time were not possible. I assume it is still not possible, so we're clutching at straws here.

However. If I understood your business needs correctly, you actually do not want the expense report data/indicators to be taken into account, because you just need the copy for the Travel Request, right? There might be chances for implicit enhancements and "killing" that bit information from the copied TE-Cluster entry so it doesn't stray into the copy of the Travel Request Copy anymore.

Cheers, Lukas