cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower Priority in User Data Source overrides higher

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Maintain Configuration settings, I have kept my GRC back end as Sequence no. 2, and ECC as 1, for User Data Source. So,I am of the view that ECC is higher priority. However, when running Repository Sync, with connector as GRC, table GRACUSER  is overridden. Overriding also happens, on reversing the sequence. So, what is the meaning of priority?

Also, i am configuring EAM, but FF ids defined on ECC, are not getting pulled up, when assigning FFids to Firefighters. I have done all the SYnc, that there is. with EAM sync also.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table GRACUSER , gets overridden by Connector of Sequence 2. So, could some one say, how to stop this overriding by Lower priority Connector

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sequence is different..

GRACUSER Table is update by sync job , not by sequence.

Sequence is used to identify user.

Like your example: GRC backend system . if you search user first it will look for users in backend system , then it will go to other system maintained in sequence.

FF ID are not pulled may be your config is not proper.

check parameter for FFID role Name assign same role to FFIDS.

and in SPRO>GRC>Access Control > EAM you can define the role name for connector in GRC 10.1. that should also be the same.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I will try to post my query in simple terms.

- I have connected 1ECC to my GRC. I have a FF id (with role assigned as in parameter 4010) in ECC. Now, i do a Sync job.: Auth. and Repository. FF user(firefighter) is available in GRC. FF Owner, Reason code and Controllers are set up. Now i want to assign FF id to FF user. But the FF id is not appearing.

- Only when i create a FF id(firefighter) on GRC, then it appears, for assignment to FF user.

But, FF id should be on ECC, and not on GRC.

- But when i look at GRACUSER, the FF id from ECC is shown.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plaban..

FFID should be there in backend system.

in Config parameter 4010 FFID role name to be maintained.. the same role has to be assigned to FFID in backed system.

then sync

maintain FFowner .. assign owner to FFIDS.

Then let me know.

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, If priority (which i have mentioned as sequence), in 'Maintain Data Sources Config.', does not have any influence, on Repository Sync.   then how do i stop , other connectors from overwriting GRACUSER .

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check the table.

userid may be the same but connector is also maintained .

if userA exist in system 1 and system 2

you can see it for both system .. system 1 overwrites only entries of system 1 not system2.

Regards,

Prasant

Answers (0)