cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approach for CST with or without Form C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement wherein the CST value on the order should vary depending on customer providing FORM C or not.

I have suggested to have 2 condition types for CST and asked the customer to accordingly update the value in the Tax Classification against the customer.

Pl. advice if there is any other approach / solution to this.

Regards,

Arnab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not required to define two Tax condition types.

you can define different customer tax classifications  in t code OVK3

1. with C form how much is the % of tax

2. With out C form how much is the % of Tax, so in this case what happens you can choose the whether customer is with form or wiht out form so accordingly the tax will be calculated.

Example in VK11 you can maintain the cond records with different combination

1( material liable for tax) + 1 ( Customer with C form) = 2 %

1( material liable for tax)+ 2( Customer with out C form)= 14 %

thank,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinu.. The problem I have is that the customer wants to post to separate G/L.. If I keep 1 condition type will I be able to maintain separate Tax Code in the access sequence??

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can. In VK11 for the CST condition type based relevant tax classification for customer you can differential the tax code.

For your reference and understanding refer my SCN wiki post on Plant-wise Different Tax General Ledger Accounts - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

Thanks, JP

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already stated, you can define different tax code(FI consultant define) based on relevant % and for the tax code you can assign different GL account, discuss with FI consultant.

Once the Tax code is defined, in VK11 we assign the tax code for the relevant key combination.

thanks,

Srinu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you JP and Srinu.. I was able to meet the requirement. I maintained 2 for the tax classification for customer with FORM C and 1 for customers without FORM C. Also maintained the VK11 entries with the different Tax Codes.