Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting rid of user identification dialog box

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am using QAAWS from a Webi Report Block as my data source for a dashboard. When I preview the dashboard, I get the user identification window asking for the system name, user name & password.

Now, when i map the username & password connection cells to my Excel Spreadsheet, the dialog box disappears. However, I do not want to enter my log in credentials in the spreadsheet.

Is there a way to run my dashboard and not get the dialog box without having to map the credentials to the spreadsheet?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to escape the login prompt during preview in the dashboard designer, you have to map the username and password in the connection.

However, before exporting the dashboard to BO repository, you can use relative URL and do not bind any logon information. The dashboard will take the credentials from existing session(considering you are already logged on to launchpad) and will not prompt the user to enter the same.

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

Tried your solution to use relative URL. It worked in the TEST server, however, I received the error message attached below in the DEV server. Any ideas?

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to export the same in development and access the same from launchpad to avoid the logon prompt(Do not preview from designer tool - the relative url will not work from the designer tool). Otherwise, you need to hardcode username and password in the connection itself.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for the advise everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeewan,

The window for credentials is prompted only in designer not BI Launchpad.
Whatever credentials are used to login to Launchpad are passed to the Dashboard.

But in designer preview you will have to hard code the credentials.

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeewan,

You can hardcode the username and password in the data manager itself.

Another way is that you can embed the dashboard in a jsp page using the SDK.

Regards,

Amit