Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR legend with color and different shapes

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, sap experts

Is there a workaround solution to let the chart show both with color and different legend shapes.

Color

White and black

And I want the final chart is:

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Hu Po,

if you need different colours and shapes, you'll need to have created a Line type chart.

then go to Preview mode of your report, right click on one of the markers in the legend and choose Series Options. after that you can change the Shape.

to change the colour, right click on one of the markers in the legend then choose Format Series Marker. now you can change the marker Color and even add a Border if you want.

if right clicking on the Legend to change these features is not working, then right click on the Line itself to make the changes.

if you also need a check box / select on the chart then see Dell's suggestion above to use xcelsius. or if you're using businessobjects enterprise or crystal reports and the dhtml viewer you can also use the webelements library to embed controls onto your report.

-jamie

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Jamie

I tried your advice, it works.

But in design/preview mode, the legend only has 4/5 type.

But in fact, the chart may have many data. so only 4/5 shapes is not enough.

I specified the first 4 shapes, but the following are still the same shapes.

How to handle it, thanks.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Hu Po,

in the crystal reports designer there are 11 different shapes. if there are less shapes in cr for visual studio then that will be a limitation of that environment.

if you do have 11 shapes, then you need to change the shape in Preview mode as mentioned before.  not in Design mode.

also, as mentioned before, if it does not work by right clicking on the Legend, right click on the Line instead and choose Series Options.

-jamie

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Jamie

I'm using push mode, so in the preview mode, i can not change the shapes.

Is there any other wany?

Thanks.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unfortunately this needs to be done in Preview mode. the reason is that Design mode only shows 4 items in the Legend and 4 lines in the main chart box.

if you have the full crystal reports designer, then you can change the record selection so that the chart has at least 11 lines in the chart preview. after you've changed those 11 lines and saved your reports, the next time you refresh the report, those 11 lines should still have the shapes that you assigned.

if you do not have the full crystal reports designer and you can only do this with code, then please post your question to the cr for visual studio forum.

thanks,

jamie

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you can do is download an eval of CR 2013 from here:

SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP

Then, create an XML off of your dataset. Open the report in CR 2013 and point the report at the xml. Modify your report as per the instructions above. What ever modifications you do in the CR 2013 derringer will be preserved when running the report in your app.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only way I know of to do this is to embed an Xcelsius (Dashboards) visualization in the report and have the report feed the data to it.  If you want some information about how to do this, see my website:  www.dellstinnett.com/sample_code.html.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for "Integrating SAP Dashboards into SAP Crystal Reports..."  You'll see links to my presentation for the 2012 ASUG BO User Conference along with sample reports and a backup of the SQL Server database I used.

-Dell

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Dell

I'm using cr dev for vs. We do not have Xcelsius.