Did you mean: 

Payroll Canada - Year end page 2014

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Customers,

The Master Note for Year End 2014 is already available:

2064925 - YE14: Master Note for Canadian Year End 2014

Please be informed that we updated our Year End 2014 section in the Service Marketplace ( http://service.sap.com/hrcanada ) with important information regarding the SAP HCM Canadian Payroll Yearend 2014.

Mandatory Year End 2014 Base HRSPs/CLCs

All functional changes are delivered via HR Support Packages (HRSPs)for  Releases mySAP ERP 6.00 (6.00) and ERP 6.00 EHPs or Country LegalChange (CLC) Patches for Releases SAP R/3 mySAP ERP 2005 (6.00) and mySAP ERP 2005 EHPs. Most of the legal changes will be delivered via Year End Transports and notes via Correction Instructions.

The mandatory Base CLCs for Year End 2014 are as follows:

Release                            Reference HRSP no.

6.00 EHP 7                                30

6.00 EHP 6                                41

6.00 EHP 5                                56

6.00 EHP 4                                79

6.00 EHP 3                                87

6.00 EHP 2                                92

6.00                                         B3

Further information about the year end will be posted in this thread.

With regards,

S.Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (29)

Answers (29)

paul_davidson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We will be implementing SAP HR in Canada later this year.  SAP will be the "source of truth" for payroll which will be handled by an outside vendor (ADP).  Thus, we will be creating IT0461, IT0462, IT0463 and IT0464 for Canada payroll taxes.  We are on ECC 6.0 at Support Pack 604 79 and 605 56.

When we create IT0462 and IT0463, the 2014 rates appear.  Even running RPUTXUK0 does not bring in the correct 2015 amounts - example Federal $11,138 - updates to $11,238 using the Indexing radio button.  Which notes should we apply to get the correct 2015 amounts?

Also, the SAP supplied screen views for IT0462 for each province differs in that only a few (such as Quebec) show the field for "Additional Tax".  Are addtional tax amounts allowed in all provinces or only the specific ones as allowed by the SAP screens?

Your insight and assistance is appreciated.

Paul Davidson

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

For Tax Update Utility and 2015 rates see Note 2101499 - TAX: Legal changes effective January 1, 2015 (in Support package: SAPK-60482INSAPHRCCA)

For information regarding the Year End Transport, consult Note 2064925 -  Master Note for Year End 2014 and Note2102899 - YE14: Delivery of Year-End transports for 2014.

Liana Patrut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell us what happened with note 2113610? This is for the NOC codes. It was available but now has been pulled. Is there a replacing note? We were in the process of putting this in when it disappeared.

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Note 2113610 is pilot release, which is given to pilot customer for testing it. Once it is done, it will be released to all.

With regards,

S.Karthik

SusanStevenson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have an ESS issue in that if an employee has T4s for more than one Business number, only the latest BN form is available for them on ESS. (If ee has multiple province T4s under same BN, there is not an issue.)

Did anyone have the same multiple BN ESS issue and if resolved, how so?

Thanks in advance

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you resolved this issue or heard anything from SAP?  I believe we are experiencing the same issue.

Thanks,

SusanStevenson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sheila,

RE: Only last BN form available on ESS

No resolution yet. I posted to here to hopefully get a resolution before logging incident with SAP.

Susan

Former Member
0 Kudos

RE: Only last BN form available on ESS

SAP note 2129543 has been released for this issue.

Thanks,

Sheila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Where can I get information on correcting errors in the MRQ XML file? Does a manual exist?

Thank you

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP has updated master note with RL1 and RL2 serial numbers:

Are these numbers same as MRQ SAP Script No. and MRQ MagMedia #?

If not, please provide the latest MRQ SAP Script No. and MRQ MagMedia #??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need some help.

How can we generate separate mag media file based on business number for uploading to CRA website.

We ran the RPCYERK3_XML and it created one single XML file for all business numbers (we have 3 BN)

Thanks

Ruhail

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should configure the tax reporting units and run your year end by that. So will have one run per tax unit and be able to file them separately.

Hope this help,

Frederick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frederick.

Yes, that would be the way to go but the payroll user ran all under 1 single run id.

So was wondering if there is anything we can do now.

Although I guess they can still file it together as last resort.

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

They should be a le to file. Of you haven't print yep, you can cancel the single run and then rerun with tax reporting units. But, still I don't think there's a problem filling with all buss. no. in one run. You can call the Revenu Canada if not sure.

Regards

Frederick

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Has anyone got T4s printed on pre-printed CRA forms? Can you please share your experience? Did you have any alignment issues? How did you resolve them?

Thanks

Shakil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakil,

I have the similar issue with alignment.  Got response from Arjoon as follows:

check your device type for printing using Transaction code SPAD

the device type to print the form should be POST2

Please change your device type and print the form again.

I am also trying now, let me know if it works for you.

Regards

Kavitha

0 Kudos

Hi Irina,

We already got them printed. I made adjustments in the "Output Attributes" section of Output device for vertical and horizontal shift in order to adjust the alignments and it worked fine. Didn't know about POST2 option though.

Thanks

Shakil

ngagne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have run an amendment T4 run in production and sent the file to CRA and they called us to report 3 employees with all zero values in the boxes. We did a PAKY adjustement for B14 for about 80 employees and only 3 appear to have a blank form (zero in all boxes). We couldn't see anything different in their IT 221 record.

I will open an incident ticket with SAP but I just wanted to share this issue with you in case you have the same problem on your side.

Thanks and have a ncie day!

Nathalie Ann

SusanStevenson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

After applying note 2119173 YE14: Form Alignment Issues, the alignment of the text to boxes of the T4A is worse than it was before. The other forms appear ok. Will there be a correction note issued?

Note: I have logged an incident with SAP for this issue.

Susan

SusanStevenson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are the 2014 MRQ approval numbers used in the MRQ SAPscript #/MRQ MagMedia # fields for RL1 and RL2 available? And is the MRQ XML schema available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

WE are also awaiting the Relevee's approval numbers change.  Please advise when they will be available.

Thanks,

Fojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

We have some issue with the CPP and Quebec exemption amount when first pay is run:

·         PP1.2015 pay date on 01-02-2015, (for period from Dec.15, 2014 to Dec. 28, 2014) is processed and CPP exemption is taken; CPP calculation is fine on PP1.2015.

·         Bonus run dated on 01-10-2015 is ran.  Since CPP exemptions are usually taken on regular payroll runs, there should be no CPP exemption taken on O/C A bonus run.

·         PP2.2015 pay date on 01-16-2015 (for period from Dec 29 2014 to Jan. 11, 2015) is processed, CPP calculation tax log shows a split for days from Dec. 29th to 31st, 2014 and days from Jan. 1st to 11th, 2015.  CPP exemption is taken is taken on portion of earnings earned from Dec 29-31 and no CPP exemption is taken for portion of earnings earned on period from Jan 1st to 11th, 2015. 

·         At the end of PP2.2015, there is 3 CPP exemptions taken, however only 2 regular payrolls run. 

Please advise.

Thank you.

Fojan

ngagne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello and Happy new year!

We have an issue with the First Off-Cycle of the year, done before the first pay PP 01 2015.

The First Off-Cycle of the year was run before the PP 01 2015  and does not deduct any Federal or Provincial Taxes. This is due to the Pension Contribution that is considered a Deduction at Source and there were no regular gross remuneration for the year yet to determine the Annual taxable income, this is done in PP 01 2015.

The calculation determines the Annual taxable income to be zero, so there is no tax
on zero dollar earning.

What could be done to deduct some taxes on the first off-cycle of the year? Thanks for sharing your experience!!

Nathalie Ann

Below is an extract from the Payroll log, KATAX operation:

KATAX ICTX

Input:
* /103 Non-per. ta  01                                                   4,980.58
* /106 Tax exempti0101      (Pension contribution)             512.43-

Calculations :

Annualization for taxation of non-periodic payments
Deductions at source for the pay period (F) .            512.430 CAD
Number of remaining pay periods in year .....  *        26.000

.............................................................          13323.180 CAD

Determination of annual taxable income (A)
Annualized gross remuneration ...............              0.000 CAD
Annualized source deductions ................  -       13323.180 CAD
……………….............................................          13323.180-CAD

Annual taxable income (A) w/o bonus .........          13323.180-CAD
Current non-periodic payment ................      +        4980.580 CAD
……………………...............................           8342.600-CAD

Current applicable exemption ................  -           0.000 CAD

Annual taxable income (A) with bonus ........    8342.600-CAD

Calculate sum of federal and provincial tax on bonus
Annual federal tax payable (T1) .............             0.000 CAD
Annual provincial/territorial tax (T2) ......  +           0.000 CAD

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have T51P1 link R1 or R2 configure. This will be used by payroll driver to do an estimate of annual income if there's no /102. Check note 197118 for detail.

Frederick

ngagne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Frederick!

Passe une belle journée!!

Nathalie Ann

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

If I have a negative earning in payroll period 01.2015 and I have an employee deduction in IT169 where I have defined priorities of deductions for arrear processing is defined as 5 (deduct everything or nothing) in table T51P6.

Now, whats happening is....the negative gross is going to claims wagetype, which I am fine with.

But IT169 employee deduction is also coming in RT with an oppositse sign. Which in turn is coming in payslip and is being interfaced to the Benefits vendor.

I have a work around for this, which I have done but how do I stop this wagetype from coming in RT.

Can I do anything with the priorities or any processing class in particular??

Regards,

Thomas

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What would be the impact of /130, /132 on the payroll process? Does it affect the current year ( 2014) as well apart from Year End Forms T4 and RL-1 forms?

Because, from my understanding the /120 is CPP Pensionable Earnings where as /130 is a CPP Actual earnings. I noticed that there is a difference in /120 & /130 because of the exemptions that are reduced from /130.

But, there is no difference in /122 & /132.

Overall, i would like to know what exactly these wage types are doing when customer doesn't have employees where they don't transfer from one province to other or there is no other scenario related as explained in the relevant notes.

Please advise.

Madhav.

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

In tax update utility program

1) In Federal  section, Whats the difference between

option 2 Mass update: Indexed TC = Indexed TC * Indexing factor

option 3 Mass update: Indexed TC = Indexed TC * Indexing factor + Additional Amount

Is this additiona amount

Total non-indexed personal tax credit amount?

And if use option 2 is it incorrect?

2) Similarly in provincial section.

Please explain.

Regards,

Thomas

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You start with the previous year's Exemption amount (Federal or Provincial).

If you multiply that amount by the appropriate factor, some years, it will not give the exact amount for the new year's Exemption amount.  In those cases, an additonal amount must be added to the sum.

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Remi.

Your answers are always appreciated.

Please tell me if I have understood it correctly...

If your personal exemption amount for 2015 federal is $11327 and for 2014 it was $11138.

so, if I use the option 2 which will mutliply $11138. with indexing factor and if amount doesn't come equal to 11327 than I will use option 3 to add deficit amount?

Is my understanding correct?

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Tax Utility Update Program is geared up to work with the Basic Exemption Amount, not for employees whose exemption amount is greater than the basic amount.

The "option" to use will vary from year to year, depending on the Basic Exemption Amount of the previous year, on the value of the Indexing Factor, and on the directives given in the Year-End Note.

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks Remi for the prompt response...

I used the option 2 as recommended by SAP in the year end note for both kind of employees:

1)basic exemption amount

2)amount more than basic exemption amount

was I wrong in doing for second scenario?

we are running first pay...

regards,

thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjoon or anyone who may know the answer:

We have an issue with tax utility for New Foundland employee - T-code: pc00_m07_untuT-code - The batch inout is erroring out.  Do you have similar issues?  any solutions?

Thank you.

Fojan

0 Kudos

i Experts,

The responsibility of applying Year-End Transports in my company lies with Basis team.  They got them imported to DEV and QA. The Customising Transpotrt has been imported to both the clients 000 and 101(which is our Production Client), while the workbench transport has been imported only to Client 0000. When I asked the reason, they said they do it this way every year and don't know the reason. Can any body explain me the reason behind this? Do I need to do anything to make form HR_CDN_T414_SS available in client 101? Right now it is only available in client 000.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Shakil Goriya

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a sapscript does not exist in a client, it will search in client 000. This is to make sure that you always have the current one. Nobody should do a change since this is law specific. SAP will support you if there's a problem and will look for the one in client 000 not in specific clients.

Hope this helps,

Frederick

0 Kudos

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the quick reply. We use preprinted T4 forms. When I run a test for T4 printing with pre-printed form option, it uses the sapscript form HR_CDN_T412_LF; while if I select SAP layout, it uses form HR_CDN_T414_SS. My guess is there is no SAP script form released for pre-printed option for the years 2013 and 2014. Am I right?

Thanks

Shakil

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check table T51T8, T5KT3 To see forms available.

Regards

Frederick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakil,

Yes, we haven't released a pre-printed form for 2013 and 2014. That's because the layout of the T4 has not been changed. Technically, the 2012 form should work just fine for a 2014 T4 form as the layout of the 2012 and the 2014 form is the same.

Regards,
Arjoon

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Arjun.

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need a quick help. Along with the quebec rate chnages and rate corrections for Ontario and other provinces, in SAP note 2104717. SAP released a WAGETYPE change:

"

Wage Type changes

Reduction of the rate of the tax credits for union, professional and other dues:

Due to the reduction to 10% from 2015 and other legal considerations, the cumulation class for WT M500 has to be modified. For Wage type

M500: Cumulation Class 57 should be checked, please uncheck Cumulation Class 56 if checked.

"

We haven't made this change so far, but want to know what is the tax implication with union dues deduction and reduction in tax credit to 10%.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks and regards,

Thomas

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What it is saying, any wage type that are union dues and cumulate in /156 - Tax exemption should be transfert to /157 instead.

Hope this help,

Frederick

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank a lot Fredrick for the promot repsonse.

I understand it will cummulate in /157 the deduction of union dues in /157 instead of /156.

But I am trying to understand the tax implication, "reduction in tax credit to 10%"

Will there be any change in that?

Regards,

Thomas

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Means that it is now a tax credit tax will reduce your Taxable  Income earnings by 10% of the total dues in a year. It will be multiply by constant TXQCC.

So basically your /152 will be reduce by /157 factorise.

Regards

Frederick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A note to all customers regarding the changes to the union dues WT processing by our SAP Platinum consultant.

If you are using processing your union dues wagetypes without cumulating into processing class 56 and instead processing them in another way (for eg. via a footnote in RL-1), please continue to process them in the best way for your organization.

For now, if you were cumulating your union dues WTs into PC56, it needs to be changed to PC57 now. If you were not cumulating them into PC56, don't use PC57 for 2015 and process them in the way that works best for you.

I hope this clarifies. Happy holidays to everyone!

Regards,
Arjoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon:

On the topic of Union Wagetypes with PC56:

I had a chance to review an employee for pay period 1 and in the output of SETCU there is no TCRT , wouldn’t this be because no payrolls have processed yet for 2015 since it is a new tax year.

I also reviewed an employee for pay period 2 and in the output of SETCU there is the 2015 TCRT values from pay period 1.

I don’t think I understand the impact that the SETCU would have if it was populated with the TCRT for 2014 when we are running the 1st pay of 2015.

Can you please provide further clarification of this behaviour?

Thanks,

Fojan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon,

How r u today?

Are you releasing/planning to release any new OSS note for YE in coming days? This is because our Form Printing is complete and wanted to know if there is still any more note coming.

Would appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Srikant

SusanStevenson
Explorer
0 Kudos

After applying the Delta transport and Note 2104717, the 2015 entry in T5KTC for PP|QC|0|02 is 2015/01/01 9999/12/31 547.500  0.782  0.000.

However, the Note indicates the threshold should be 547.40

Which is the correct threshold?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

The correct value is actually 547.40. Somehow, the value that went into the transports was 547.50. This will be fixed via a note by Monday.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

omosindi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would really appreciate any inputs on my question.

I am new to Quebec processing, and I am unable to understand how to test Note 2033832.

This is what the note says;

'Symptom; Currently in the standard system, the calculated QHC for the year is not added to the total Quebec tax. This occurs when there is an increase in the annual taxable income for the calculation of variable R"

Can someone please, point me to the right direction as to the scenario to test with.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are having difficulties in matching QC Tax amounts from SAP and that of from WINRAS.

This is specially for the cases when the EE has FTQ wage types.

Would appreciate your reply,

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon,

Can you pl. write what are the changes expected for this Note?

Is it only 547.40?

Are we expecting any other changes, if so, is it possible to write the changes coming up?

We are opening pay tomorrow and would really appreciate your reply.

We wanted to move the changes to P today.

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am referring to note 2101499 - Tax update utility (RPUNTUK0 and RPUTXUK0). Do you know if the indexation factor for Quebec has been released? Last, I saw this note mentioned that "Changes would be communicated later" haven't seen any updates to it after.

Please help.

Regards,

Shamshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

A new note 2112330 has been released to address the remaining errors/ missing tax changes for 1st Jan 2015. Please refer to the note for the manual changes that will be required.

Regards,

Arjoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

Note 2112330 has been released to fix this issue.

Regards,
Arjoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamshad,

Please refer to Note 2112330 which addresses your issue.

Regards,
Arjoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjoon! You're the BEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when can we expect development on cancelling T4s to be finished?

Thank you

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon,

I am writing regarding additional tax in IT0463. It has been a while this thing bothered me and my clients. All changes in this infotype are processed in the tax engine 'pay date-driven'. However, if a change is made effective day one of a calendar year, as we do for tax updates, and if the additional tax requested by the employee changes, or is newly requested for that year, all the changes in the infotype, except additional tax deductions are processed in the tax engine pay date wise. Can we please have the additional tax also follow the same rule? Because if additional tax changes effective a certain date, that drives by pay period.

It is really hard to have payroll administrators keep track of each and every thing, I give them instructions, however it doesn't make sense to them, nor for me. If IT0463 changes effective a day, then all the changes are to be effective if the tax engine based on pay date.

Please note I gave you that example above with day one of the year, however, it does happen through the year with additional tax. It is really hard for payroll to grasp, and hard for a consultant to explain.

Thank you,

Nicoleta

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some clarifications on the /130, /131 & /132 wage types.

The  notes #1999791 #2084945 & #2092413 are related to this.

But our customer is not having this scenario of transferring from one province to other in the same tax year.

1. Does these /130  /131, /132 wage types will have any impact on the earnings or net payment?

2. As these are related to reporting on T4 & RL - 1 forms, are these wgae types will have any impact on the other payments or deductions?

3. Can we use the Wts /120, /121 & /122 for 2014? These types are effective from 01/01/2015, is it mandatory to use them from 2015 as well instead of the old /12 series wage types? or can we continue using the old wage types?

4. How does this new wage types differ from /12 series wage types during the payroll processing.

Please suggest on the above.

Regards

Madhav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please read explanatory note released by SAP about 3 weeks ago.

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicoleta,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have gone through the note and the same has been discussed with the customer. But they need specific answers to the questions which i have mentioned in my previous post.

My customer confirmed that there will not be the scenario of employee transferring for one location to another and coming back to the same during the same tax year as SAP explained.

Hence would like to understand if we still need to use /130, /131 & /132 or can we go back to /120, /121 & /122.

Is it mandatory to use /13 * series going forward from 2015 or we can still use /12 * series wage types.

And we noticed that there are some discrepancies in the payments as well.

Please advise.

Regards

Madhav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicoleta:
We too would like this corrected.  Have you heard anything back regarding whether it will be corrected or not?

Thanks,

Sheila

steffen_six
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear SAP customers,

Due to the late release of the TP 1015 guide from Revenu
Quebec SAP unfortunately has to shift the delivery of the Dec 15th
SAR file to latest Dec 19th.

Best regards

Steffen Six

steffen_six
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Update on delivery timeline: SAP plans to release the Dec. 15th SAR file latest Dec 17th

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Is SAR File releasing today? what time we can expect?  Can we know what are the updates coming through with this file? Is there any changes for ONTARIO?

Regards

Kavitha

steffen_six
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

released. Please check the YE - master note for details.

Best

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Tax is not calculating for pay period 01 2015 (2014/12/20 to 2014/12/26) , runing the payroll for toronto employee which include the retro for period 52 2014( 2014/12/13 to 2014/12/19) in  pay period 01 2015. /302 is not generated.

But when checked what happed last year i.e. pay period  01 2014 which include retro for pay period 52 2013  for same employee, tax is calculated and /302 is also generated,

Please let me know if any configuration is missing for this year end .

Regards,

Abhi

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are the employee's gross earnings for pay 01/2015?

/102 Regular earnings ?

/103 Non periodic earnings ?

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Check if constant TXDAT  that was included in note 2104724 was change.

Hope this help

Frederick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Remi,

Please see below details.

Pay Period 01 2014

/102 Regular Tax 01       $1493
/102 Regular Tax 01       $322

/302 Income Tax  01       $377

Pay Period 01 2015
/102 Regula tax 01          $328
/103 Non-Per tax 01         $1524

/302 /303 is not generating.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frederick

Already I tried to insert record for year 2015 for constant TXDAT in T511K but still no /302 generated.

Regards,

Abhi

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

/303 is generated? 23$ will not generate /302 since 23 * 52 - annual credit = 0$ in /302.

Regards

Frederick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederick,

Yes pls correct .. /303 is not generating.

Regards,

Abhi

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go see note 197118 with explanation on T51P1 link R1, R2 , R3. This should be the cause since you have no regular earnings or very low to be able to generate a /303.

Frederick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Remi,

Now even I update employee earning.

Pay Period 01 2015
/102 Regula tax 01          $328
/103 Non-Per tax 01         $1524

/302 /303 is not generating.

Regards,

Abhi

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

When reading the tax log what do you see? Any credit that are two high like pension, cpp, i.e....

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already mentioned by Frederick, no Income Tax is being calculated in Pay Period 01/2015 because the employee does not have enough Regular Taxable Income (/102) to generate Income Tax (952 x $328 = $17 056), and the addition of the Regular Taxable Income for the year ($17256) plus the Non-Periodic Taxable Income (/103 = 1524) still does not make enough earnings.

This situation happens every year when the employee's first pay has a low amount in /102 and a lot in /103 (either because of a Bonus or because of retroactive calculation).

If you have created Income Tax Adjustment WT, these could be used (with the approval of the employee), or you could create an IT0463 valid only for Pay Period 01/2015 to take an additional Income Tax Deduction (again, with the approval of the employee), but the system responds as it should.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to consider reviewing the taxable earnings flow document released by SAP many years ago. yes, you may have the situation of low, early in the year earnings, however, very few consultants pay attention to the flow of taxable earnings cross taxation-period. Please review the SAP document on that, and setup PRCL 55 for both positive and negative cross-taxation flow of taxable earnings. It will be one of the best things you will do for your payroll.

Also, as  per the other advices, setup T51P1 in all the applicable R* records, where SAP described all the details regarding configuration, in specific notes. Just search for T51P1 and R1 in SAP notes, and you will get all of them. . Also... remove all non taxable wage types from /101 and move them to /110. Also make sure your taxable benefits cross retro periods via T51P6 as 'ER contributions' - setting C in the middle field of all 3 that you have to set, and they do not change in the past (see again setting in T51p6 retro/arrears settings). Once you do this, you are safe and your company will have an easier time reconciling year end.

nicoleta

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nicoleta,

Are you referring to a document that is on the "Resources" page of service.sap.com/hrcanada ?

If not, could you please provide us with the title of that document, and if possible, it's source?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

The document is related to Taxable Flow of earnings for cross-taxation change, which outlines how to setup flow (both negative and positive) of taxable earnings.

I know there could be combinations of earnings, both too low early in the year (dealt via mapping with R1 to R4 indicators in T51P1) but also flow of earnings from cross-year (which happens often early in the year), which may increase or reduce current pay's taxable income.

Nicoleta

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Remi,

I need a quick help. Along with the quebec rate chnages and rate corrections for Ontario and other provinces, in SAP note 2104717. SAP released a WAGETYPE change:

"

Wage Type changes

Reduction of the rate of the tax credits for union, professional and other dues:

Due to the reduction to 10% from 2015 and other legal considerations, the cumulation class for WT M500 has to be modified. For Wage type

M500: Cumulation Class 57 should be checked, please uncheck Cumulation Class 56 if checked.

"

We haven't made this change so far, but want to know what is the tax implication with union dues deduction and reduction in tax credit to 10%.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks and regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should we expect to get the Provincial Maximum Assessable Earnings in the delta transport delivered on Dec 15?

Thanks,

Nathalie Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie,

Yes, we intend to deliver the maximum earnings in the delta transports. However, due to the delay in the release of the English version of the QC guide, the transports will be delayed by a few days.

Regards,
Arjoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Arjoon.

Should we expect additional changes for Manitoba other than TXDAT and the Maximum Assable earnings?

I am planning to make these changes manually.

Thanks again,

Nathalie Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, we’ve identified the following tax changes based on customer feedback and the guide:

• P1|ON|1|3|2015/01/01|9999/12/31... the adjustment should be 2,909.040 instead of 2861.68 (2014 value)
  • P0|YT|1|2|2015/01/01|9999/12/31... the Tax Threshold should be at 89,401.000 instead of 87,401.000
  • LB |1|1|1999/01/01|9999/12/31 ... following the new federal legislation, the rate
    should be changing in 2015 to 10%
  • PP|QC|0|1|2015/01/01|9999/12/31... the Tax Threshold should be 391.30 (70,000.00$ * 0.559%) instead of 388.51
  • PP|QC|0|2|2015/01/01|9999/12/31... the Tax Threshold should be547.40 instead of  539.58 
  • Indexing rate for Quebec in T511K IFQC0 1.010,60
  • WCB earnings  :TW**CE   for all provinces
  • Tax Slabs for Quebec
  • Basic personnel amount for Quebec
  • Constant TXQCH
  • Constant TFQC0
  • Constant TXQC7
  • Constant TXQC1
  • TXQCC  changed to 10%
  • TXQCE changed to 15 % effective from June 2015.

I believe that's pretty much all the changes. Please let us know if you think there is anything missing and we will investigate.

Regards,
Arjoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon,

This entry:

• LB |1|1|1999/01/01|9999/12/31 ... following the new federal legislation, the rate
    should be changing in 2015 to 10%

is for which Province?

Thanks,

Srikant

0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon,

I am new to SAP HR and this is first time I am doing YE. I got a checklist from HR707 training where it says verify constant T0002-EI Reduced Rate has not been over written. When I chekcked table T511k, there is no constant T0002 but there is one T001-EI Reduced Rate which is set to 127.80. Is this an issue?

Thanks

Shakil Goriya

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We also have T0001 with 127.80 from 01.01.2000 to 31.12.9999, but I don't think that it is used anywhere.

The Reduced Rates for our "Employers" are held in other constants (between T0051 and T0367) that are delimited every year.

Check table T5KB1 for the Constants associated with your Company's Registration Numbers.

0 Kudos

Thanks Remi for reply. You are right. In my case, the reduced rates are held in constant T9997. I can see this constant being delimited every year upto 01/01/2014. Do I have to delimit it manually for the year 2015?

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you will to delimit that value manually, since there are 4 possible Reduced Rates for 2015 (if I remember correctly), and it is HRDC who will advise you (or someone in your Company) of the rate applicable for your Company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Arjoon!

0 Kudos

Merci beaucoup Remi

omosindi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Remi/others,

I am relatively new to Quebec processes, and will appreciate if anyone can help me with what I should be looking for in testing Note 2033832;

Symptom; Currently in the standard systems, the calculated QHC for the year is not added to the total Quebec tax. This occurs when there is an increase in the annual taxable income for the calculation of variable R

In my test, I increased the test ee's income, and there is no change on /351 (total tax) before and after the pay increase. That is, my test in our system without the update (I was trying to replicate the issue), and the system with the HRSP update gave me the same results. This is making me think that I am probably looking at the wrong wts.

I also think that I should some how be looking at /1qc, but cant figure out how to tie it all together.

All inputs will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Ifyony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please advise if there is a Note for the following? Or if there is a way to avoid custom-work for the following scenario?

Our Board of Directors are all CPP exempt and SAP doesn't not reflect this correctly on the T4 - Box 28. CPP box should be marked with an X.   Each of their individual records says they are exempt (IT464) but it does not reflect on T4.  There are other groups who too are exempt for other reasons and their IT0464 are reflecting as Exempt status but we dont want their Box 28 to be marked off. Only Board of Directors should be marked off as such. Apparently this is a legal requirement.

Thanks,

Prashant Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

An update is please use Option "U" on IT0464 and then it will work.

Thanks,

Prashant Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Any tentative date when YE Delta note will be released?

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

First set of transports will be available on 1st December. The delta transports (if required) will be released on 15th December .

Regards,
Arjoon

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Morning Arjoon

Ar the first set of transports available today?

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

The transports are available . Please see the details in the following notes:

2064925 - YE14: Master Note for Canadian Year End 2014

2102899 - YE14: Delivery of Year-End transports for 2014

Thanks,

Nathalie Ann

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is noon (12PM) Eastern Time in Ottawa and there is still nothing showing on

service.sap.com/hrcanada

and all recent postings are dated 2014/11

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Merci Nathalie Ann  (Thanks Nathalie Ann).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi / All.

The HR Canada webpage takes some time to update. The YE transports are out for all releases. Please refer to the master note for up to date information.

Regards,

Arjoon

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Excellent Arjoon! we have downloaded and applied to Development already!

Your support is MUCH appreciated

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry meant to thank Nathalie!

Also Arjoon

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following notes for year end is released

• Note 2101499 - TAX: Legal changes effective January 1, 2015
  • Note 2098742 - YE14: Forms and XML Changes 2014

With Regards,

S.Karthik

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's problem with table T5KTC for:

EI     QC     0     1     01.01.2015 rate is 1,540,000 instead of 1.540

P0     ON     1     5     01.01.2015     rate is 1,316.000 instead of 13.160

Regards

Frederick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederick,

These 2 errors in the tables have already been recorded and will be fixed via a Note shortly. Additionally, this fix will also be present in the Dec 15th SAR files.

Regards,
Arjoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon,

How r u today?

When QC changes will be released?

Thanks,

Srikant

steffen_six
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

we will start working on this as soon as the new TP1015 for 2015 is released by RQ.

Revenu Québec - Guide for Employers: Source Deductions and Contributions

Best

Steffen

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Do you know when new tax credit % for labour-sponsored fund will be delivered? It should be 10% in 2015.

Regards

Frederick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon,

I am trying to run tax utility programme with option 2 for both federal and Provincial, I am not getting correct rate as per the note.

Do I have to add any amount in the box.

Please send the variant details.

Regards

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a screen capture of the variant we use this year.

former_member298958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

Make sure that the employee that you are testing has the good credit that was valid in 2014 (9670,00)

and for federal ( 11138,00).

Also, check that the transport type CUST is applied in your test system. The rates for tax credit are store in table T511K. Check constants TX00, IFFD0, TXPON and IFON0 are valid for 2015.

Regards

Frederick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the info.

I found that RQ has released the document TP-1015 on Dec 4th.

Are we expecting the QC note to be released soon?

Thanks,

Srikant

steffen_six
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanta,

on Dec 4th RQ released the French version only. Today (just a few minutes back) they finally released the English version. We will work on this immediately.

Best regards

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon,

Could you please confirm me if the Worker's Compensation Maximum Assesable Earnings for the provinces will be updated in the Delta Transports?

T511K constants TW**E serie.

Thanks,

Nathalie Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie:

We will wait for Arjoon's reply but we are doing manual entries for Max. Assessable Earnings for WC.

Thanks,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

We are aware of the WCB max earnings for 2015 for all provinces except PEI, QC, SK and YT. These changes will be included in the delta transports which is scheduled to be released next week.

Regards,

Arjoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for this.

Actually Our PP1 activities starts on Dec 23rd and we have very less time for this if we receive the details on 19th.

The volume of EEs for us is also very high and it takes time for us to test, move to Production and run for the Tax upgrade.

I will really appreciate, if you can write the QC rate for IFQC0 and How to reach the amount 11425 ( this time as per the TP-1015 doc).

Thanks,

Srikant

steffen_six
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanta,

we moved it to latest Dec 17th

Best

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi and All;

As we know Child Exemption has been eliminated from Year 2015, Tax Update Utility is not properly updating IT0462 and IT0463 if we are using 2nd Option. Has the Federal and Provincial Indexing Factor taken this thing into account for the Year 2015? Please advise if there is an OSS Note to solve the issue? Or if we need to use Option 3 (for the Update Method) to calculate the right amount? If that is the case, what should be the additional amount?

Appreciate your help. This is a bit urgent.

Thanks,

Prashant Jha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I'm trying to open the Canada YE Master note 2064925 but does not open and returns a message of "Document is not released". Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just got the same message, yet we have already downloaded 2 copies of the Note (Sept. 26 and Nov. 7).

If I'm not mistaken, this happens when SAP updates the Note.

Please try again later.

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Development is adding up some points in Master note, so it is under checking. They will release it after the changes done in master note.

With Regards,

S.Karthik

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following new note is released for the year end

New Note 2092413 - 11/11/2014    YE: Information regarding new CPP/ QPP/ EI processing
based on actual earnings

With Regards,

S.Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello S Kathik;

If we do not have concurrent employment nor standard SAP ESS; do I need to apply ALL Notes included in YE Master note?  or just the ones that apply to our environemtn?  What is best practice?

Thanks,

Fojan

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Over the years, I've learned that it's best to apply all YE Notes, at least up to the one you require.  Even after the Year-End Transport and the Delta Transport, keep track of the Notes that come out as you may need to apply them all at a later date (such as to fix a problem during MagMedia transfer of T4s).

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fojan,

Kindly follow the Remi advice on this, which is the best practice.

With Regards,

S.Karthik

steffen_six
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all,

HR707 - Canadian Yearend Reporting is now open for registration. Planned for November 24th. Please search for HR707 in https://training.sap.com/ca/en/ to get more information.

Best regards

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen:

Cna you please send me the link to obtain payroll schema from MRQ for 2014 Y/E.  I believe it can be found in the market place?

Thank you!

Fojan

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following notes are released for year end which is updated in Year end master note 2064925 also

Note 1969485

05/11/2014           ESS: T4 Reprint scenario does not remove the custom sort field even after it is
disabled

Note 2084945

05/11/2014           YE14: Additional Corrections to note 1999791

Note 2076868

05/11/2014           YE14: Corrections to Note 2059173

Note 2059173   

05/11/2014           YE14: Year End Original forms via ESS

Note 2066050

05/11/2014           YE14:Amendment reason report error when same sequence number

Note 2012378

5/11/2014           TAX: CPP/QPP calculation during federal tax calculation

Note 1969549

09/10/2014          YE13: Cancelled RL-1/RL-2 forms generating unnecessarily

Note 2038248

23/09/2014          YE13: T4-Box 24 & 26 and RL-1 Box 07 - Actual Earnings

Note 2026458

22/09/2014          CE - Incorrect T4 information for employee living outside Canada

Note 2043221

22/09/2014          ESS: T4A and T4A-NR prints only upper portion

Note 2005738

1/09/2014           YE13: No amendment in case of temporary SIN change

Note 2023271

11/08/2014         ESS CE : Enablement of YE slips for CE

With Regards,

S.Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

We already applied the master note with our HRSP upgrade.  Do we have to apply the above notes release on Nov 5th again, or all these notes updated via master note 2064925.  I am more concerned about the note 2084945.  do we have to apply all the above note individually in the system or does all of them come with Master note?

Regards

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irina,

Master note 2064925 has only the information of Base HRSP details and list of note relevant for year end. If you are already in Base HRSP Level then kindly apply all the notes listed in the Master note individually which I have mentioned above also.

I hope it clarifies.

With Regards,

S.Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

When we execute the transaction code PC00_M07_CCYR - Year End Reporting for the year 2013. We see that there are multiple lines (12 lines) for each boxes.

This error occurs only when we choose the Pernrs based on Time Administrator in multiple selection..

Thanks and regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I would like to know whether SAP Note 2101499 should be applied or will there be a seperate note from SAP to update the tax changes for 2015 automatically in Table T5KTC/ T511k.

Thanks and regards,

Victor

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Delta Transport contains the note changes, if you apply the delta transport you will get the changes automatically in your system.

With Regards,

S.Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following are the responses to questions that were left unanswered after the ASUG HCM Canada Webinar on 6th November 2014:

Q: ­Can you tell me when the development was completed on the CE payroll journal.  There were some issues when I tested it last for EBS and haven't retested since­.

A: The new payroll journal for CE was completed and released in the Year End base CLC (delivered in October 2014). The new form name is SAP_PAYJNL_CACE.

Q: ­With Reg: 2084945  I see SAP is populating /13* but is this for 2015 YE and going forward?­

A: the SAP standard is that these new wagetypes are effective 01.01.2015. However, if customers choose to make these wagetypes ffective 2014, they will have to make changes to the customizing (also described in note 2084945) occordingly. They will also have to run a retro to the beginning of the year to ensure that these wagetypes have the proper amounts for the year.

Q: ­for 2014 still we have to use /12*?­

A: If you are not affected by the scenario described in Note 1999791 or you wish to handle that scenario via adjustments, you can continue to use /12* wagetypes for 2014 without any problem.

Q: ­we have no results for /13* in the system at this time­

A: Please raise and OSS message with access to your system and a variant we can run and someone from SAP will investigate.

Q: ­The functionality for running amendment based on Production Live Run mention as test. Can a Live run for ammendment, executed based on selected employee instead of all
employee.­

A: No, SAP still mandates that a LIVE amendment run can only be done at a TRU or company code level.  This is to preserve the sanctity of any LIVE runs in the system. The new functionality was introduced only to allow customers the option to test amendments based on LIVE previously filed runs.

Q: ­With Reg: 2084945  I see SAP is populating /13* but is this for 2015 YE and going forward?­

A: Yes, we intend to use the /13* wagetypes from 2015 onwards for reporting ONLY. /130 is calculated internally in the system. /130 is derived from /120, /131 from /121 and /132 from /122. 

NO CUSTOMIZING IS REQUIRED FOR /130.

Q: ­New 'View on ESS' option for T4 form viewing has a test variant behind it which caused
enhancement fix to correct. Will correction be delivered?­

A: This has been fixed in the note 2076868 released on 5th November 2014.
Please apply the note and this should be resolved.

Q: Do we have to convert all of our Wagetypes to cumulate to the new /130, /131 and /132 from 2015 January first insteadof /121 and so on?

A: the calculation of /131, /132 and /133 is automatically calculated from /120, /121 and /122. Customers will NOT need to add any cumulation wagetypes to these new /13* wagetypes.

Q: regarding t4 slip viewed in self serve that is new functionality, why is the effective date in
T511K is 2014-01-01 by default?   IF we want to view t4's for prior years, should we change the constant back to 2009, 2010 etc for example?

A: The new constant ESSYE in Table T511K only effects the functionality that was delivered in the YE base CLC (original slips via ESS). You will be able to view your T4s for prior years without any problem, only that they will be DUPLICATE forms and not original ones. We assume customers will want this functionality from 2014 onwards considering your previous Year Ends are already
over.

Q: when employee has a duplicate T4, the word "duplicate" appears in form in ESS.  With new amendment functionality coming through ESS, will there be amended t4's but with duplicate removed?

A: If you choose to implement the new functionality, the ESS application will no longer be able to print forms with the tag DUPLICATE. Instead, if the form is a production run form, there will be no DUPLICATE tag on the form shown on ESS. Similarily, if the latest form is an amendment form,
then the form shown on ESS will have the tag AMENDMENT on it.

Q:  When you print T4 it's always Original.  After we print original we were wondering if
SAP will update so the subsequent T4 would print DUPLICATE. 

A: No, with this new functionality and the fact that the form is now electronic, the concept of a duplicate electronic form will no longer exist. The system will display original forms (for both production and amendment) every time the employee checks/opens his/her form via the ESS
application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjoon,

Following last week webinar, I went and applied the OSS Note 2084945 for B24 and B26 issue. In the presentation on the page talking about B24 B26 issue, there is a reference to note 1978950.

In this last note, SAP is recommending you remove these two notes from your system

Notes: 1971051 and 1973004

We are currently at HRSP level 79 (6.04), do we have to de-install these two notes? When we tried to de-install them, we got an error message saying the note were obsolete.

Do we have to take any additonal actions?

Thanks for your support!

Nathalie Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie Ann,

If you have applied up to base CLC/HRSP for YE 2014, you will not need to de-implement the notes. If SNOTE says the notes are obsolete, then you're fine, please disregard the notes and continue with your year end.

Regards,
Arjoon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arjoon!

ngagne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are wondering if we will have to use the new /13* for the YE15? If we don't have the issue/scenario documented in note 1999791, can we continue to use the /12* wage types for CPP and EI B24 B26 reporting?

Thank you in advance.

Nathalie Ann

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Reference (or Base) HRSP is not listed for ERP 6.08 (also called ECC 6.0 HR Renewal 2.0

(https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/support)

in SAP Note 2064925

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

The master note has been updated to include Release 6.08. Currently, there are no CLCs available for this release. You will have to apply the full HRSPs.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for updating the Master Note (adding that HRSP 7 was required for Release 6.08).  I'm sure that others will appreciate the information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Could you please send some documentation on ROE for Canada.

Thanks and regards,

Victor

former_member182083
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

ROE documentation is available in Service Market Place --> "service.sap.com/hrcanada" --> Documentation --> ROE

or  you can use the following link

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000430352007E/ROE.pdf

With Regards,

S.Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Many Thanks to you.

Regards,

Victor