Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Order with Recursive BOM Usage>Yield

shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I came up with a scenario where Client uses 4-8 different batches of  same Input material(X) to get the same final Uniform material(X) with correct specification.

Understand this way. There are 4 different Phases to get the final Product

1) Crude

2) Distillation

3) Blending

4) Packing

At crude stage, 3 raw materials are issued and we get a distilled semi-finished material at Distillation stage. But to get the uniformity(For few products Only), they add 4 to 8 different batches of distilled product in Tank to get same output Product at Blending stage.It means the Input of Blending stage and output is same. But the Usage Qty>=Yield Product.

My concern is

1) Can I use the concept of Recursive BOM? Perhaps,in SAP cost estimate run is successful only when Usage<Yield.

2) Will cost estimate be successful in case of Input>Yield?

Please suggest how to map this scenario

Best regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

As per my understanding you are treating crude chemical into pure form where you are adding some value addition.In this case the part number should be different.

Still if you  want to use recursive concept I hope below link might be helpful for you .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/f8/a3e333bf3d11d189900000e8214595/content.htm

Regards,

Velmurugan S

shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crude is just a chemical phase and we are not going to confirm the phase here.

The resultant output of material is valuated at Distillation Phase( Qty and Activity).

They partially confirm the Process Order( Order Type ZP01, Crude and Distillation) and different batches of distilled products are received.

To get the uniformity of correct specifications, they carry out Blending Process where distilled material is input and same material is output at Blending stage. (There is a separate Tank to carry out the Blending). Blending is nothing but a mixing of different batches of Distilled Product.

Best regards

Shailesh