cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Data Transfer Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am extracting my field values from an ECC source system and then passing the value to the bw system via infopackage.

For e.g. Value of Field A = 10 for transaction ID 001. Extracted using delta ( at infopackage level), the value becomes -11 but when extracted using full the value remains as 10 which is correct.

My question is why the delta is retrieving this weird -11 value?

Let me know if you require any further details.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and efford!

Kind regards,

Rebekah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timkorba
Participant
0 Kudos

If this is a delta, then the extractor is probably receiving some reversal records (before and after image).  I would ask the following questions:

• Has this record been deleted in the source system?  It may show 11 but really the duration was reversed and is now 0?
  • Is there another record in the PSA that is the after image?
  • What does the record look like after you load into the DSO?
  • Does the transformation for this key figure set to summation?  This may be simply answered if there isn't an InfoCube.

In many cases there will be a before and after image for the delta record being sent across the system.  This may be any field within the original field was changed.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

My reply to your questions:

• No the record was not deleted in the source system. It works well for the full load at PSA. Only the delta is sending out negative values.
  • No there are no old records.
  • The error is at the PSA level. So the values remain negative when I load it to the DSO as well.
  • There is an infocube.

How do i check the before and after image?

Please advice.

Thank you!

mohdshadab_shaikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Please check in rsa2, for the delta process in delta extraction. You can check if its before and after image.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've checked RSA2 and the delta process is AIMD After-Images with Deletion Flag Via Delta Queue (e.g. BtB).

Is this the correct setting or this has to be changed?

Other options are as below:

Please advice.

Thank you!

pradip_nikam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is standard Datasource and its working fine by looking @ extracted data. You just need to bring stnadrad DSO as first staing after PSA to get correct records in the target cube or in the reports.

Regards,

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to do a delta load at the source system (CRM)?

Please advice.

Thank you!

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

At crm side, based on record combination data, you need to cross check.

Take the bw record combination and cross verify at crm source tables.

you need to find the records which are changed/created in particular time/date.

As per the delta settings newly created/changed records will send to CRM T code - RSA7. Later thru delta info pack we pull them int PSA/BW.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The issue is with a customized field (ZZ_SRV_RF_LSDU - Duration value) enhanced in the 0CRM_SRV_REQ_INCI_H data source. This field is not supposed to bring -ve values.

But in the first level DSO itself it shows -ve values whereas there are no routines written for this field in BW.

The delta process for this data source is AIMD. Any clue why we are getting -ve values whereas its not intended to bring the same

Regards,

Suman Pitta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Have you found root cause for this issue and any solution? If yes please let me know as we are as well facing same issue with the same CRM extractor with -ve values.

Thanks & Regards,

Suman Pitta

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rebekah,

Please explain what kind of datasource are you referring to. Is it a LO, FM based or a generic one. Are you loading to a DSO or cube. Is the issue at Infopackage level or at the DTP

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I think this is a generic datasource - 0CRM_SRV_REQ_INCI_H.

he issue is at the infopackage level. A full extraction at the infopackage level gives me correct values but the delta extraction is giving wrong values.

Pls refer to the image attached below. Let me know if you require any further explanation. TQVM!

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

About Data source is standard data source.

Are you getting -value for this record only or for all records?

At source side, go to RSA6, find your data source and double click.

please check inverse selection was selected for your field or not.

Mean while please check your screen shot once gain.You shared two different values of Duration V.

Correct values are coming for Duration V - 58.

But the -Ve values are coming for Duration V 47. so at RSA3 please recheck the record for same ID -6328301 and Duration value - 47. There also you may see -ve values.

if yes then please take CRM team help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting either negative or zero values for the delta load at PSA.

No inversion selection is not selected.

Yes it is showing 2 different values because the delta extraction was not done at the same time. That field value is correct and I don't have any issues with that.

There is no negative values at RSA3. the values in RSA3 and full load at PSA are the same.

The wrong values are for the last 2 columns only.

Let me know if you require any further details.

Thank you!

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

before and after images you will see at DSO level.

Chang log table and observe 0recodmode.

Mean while you can load your PSA delta data to DSO if exist in your data flow.

After the data activation at DSO, you can check records at DSO - Change log table.

It may shows After and before images.

You old record will shows 10

thru delta load request will have data source -10(before image) and 20(this changed from 10 to 20 at source, after image)

Thanks

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Rebekah,

I think you need to try with SAP notes or if nothing applicable notes , raise the OSS message

Regards

Gajesh