SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year End Carryforward Documents are Not Migrating in Document Based Migration

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing the Migration From FBS to BCS, Data is available in FBS from 2006 to 2014, Now BCS will be activated in 2014 During the Year.

We have chosen the Document based migration scenario to execute the Migration.

When we do the test run we have received the errors in Log.

but the error log shows the documents related to Year End Carry Forward Only.

Example :

Document Carryrforwarded from 2013 to 2014 - Document No 12345- for 10000 $

here sender is Year 2013 and Receiver Year 2014.

Sytem only migrating the receiver part that is 2014 , but not Sender Year 2013.

Due to this document is not balanced to create the Budget Document in New BCS. and showing the Error in Migration Run.

Soultions we explored :

1. Can we Check the Full Carryover documents configuration from 2014?

2. OR As a Alternative first we will execute the Migation on Document Based  wihout Year End Carryforward Documents.

then , after Can we do the Delta Migration for this Carryforward Documents later. it is possible to do like this.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

12 REPLIES 12

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check documentation for carry-over documents migration in IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - Budgeting - Migration of Former Budgeting to BCS - Activate Full Migration for Carryover Documents.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply,

We have Activated BCS from 2014, and sender part is in 2013 ,

Which year i need to Put in Configuration 2013 or 2014?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which configuration?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Below Configuration , But year defaultly coming 2014 only.

IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Budget Control System (BCS) - Budgeting - Migration of Former Budgeting to BCS - Activate Full Migration for Carryover Documents.

Thanks in Advance.

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Of course, because this is the year of BCS activation. You don't set up this year: you just hit the flag if you want your carry-over documents to be migrated fully, as explained in the documentation.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I have done the same configuration, but when i do test run, same problem is coming year end documents are not migrating.

as this is stoping our testing activties for other process in BCS,

can we do migration without these error documents. then once we address this problem then we will do the Delta migration for these documents.

can i follow this approach.

Thanks in Advance...

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wouldn't recommend to go with the migration, until all the issues are solved. Delta migration could be a solution and could be not. Generally, there should be no errors during migration process, if all customization is in place.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply,

I have activated the full Carryover documents for 2014,

and run migration on document basis only, even we have data from 2006 to 2014 i have not run total basis migration for years from 2006 to 2013.

we want only Current year documents to be migrated in BCS,

and we will use FBS for reporting and planning purpose for years from 2006 to 2013.

but unable to know the error reason for carryforward documents.

All configuration are in place in system.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are confident of your settings and parameters, then raise OSS message asking for the reason of this message. Though, I made about 20 BCS migrations and don't recall such a problem. So, it sounds a bit strange to me...

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply,

I have raised the OSS message for this.

I found  in the error log that there are two types of Year to Year Buget carryforwards.

1. Budget Carryforward with FMJC in FBS - Now when we migrate, it is not giving the problem in Migration.

2. Buget Transfers between year to year with FR58 in FBS - Now when we migrate it is giving the problem.

All error log is  for this documents only , no other erors are there on the log.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As a Alternative to this,

Can we do the migration as below.

1.Migration on Documents basis will be Run only for 2014 year – Here only the Transfer
Documents posted from Year 2013 to Year 2014 will not be migrated. All documents Will be Migrated.

2.Migration on Document basis will be run from 2013 year in Delta Mode -  Here only the TransferDocuments posted from Year 2013 to Year 2014 will be migrated.

Since Sender is in 2013 i will select only the documents related to Error ( FR58 Posted Documents ) and run Delta run for this.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As a Alternative to this,

Can we do the migration as below.

1.Migration on Documents basis will be Run only for 2014 year – Here only the Transfer
Documents posted from Year 2013 to Year 2014 will not be migrated. All documents Will be Migrated.

2.Migration on Document basis will be run from 2013 year in Delta Mode -  Here only the TransferDocuments posted from Year 2013 to Year 2014 will be migrated.

Since Sender is in 2013 i will select only the documents related to Error ( FR58 Posted Documents ) and run Delta run for this.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.