cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict input help values in prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is one date field in bex report prompt, it shows values from old unwanted year ie 19970101 (reads from master data). I want to restrict the prompt selection values in BEx query. I need to restrict this to only show from prior two year . ie 20120101.

I have found one PDF from SDN. Using that document, we can restrict the values by implementing the standard BADI (RSR_VARIABLE_F4_RESTRICT_BADI).

But constrain of using this BADI is, we have to give the query name in the code. It is not possible, since I have been used single date variable in more queries.and one more thing, whenever we create new query using this variable, at all time need to enhance this BADI code for including the new query name. so this is not possible.

Kindly share, if there is any other way to restrict input help values in bex prompt..

Thanks,

Angavai Elangovan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragunathan,

Please find below, this is the sample code in that BADI implementation. Here the query name is used.

Thanks,

Angavai Elangovan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Angavai,

Since you are using your Query in the read statement. Logic will work for that query only.

IF i_vnam EQ ‘ZP_TestFPVar'.
     READ TABLE i_t_compid

INTO wa_compid

WITH TABLE KEY table_line = 'ZTest_Query'.

if wa_compid NE 'ZTEST_QUERY'.

" exit don't process

else.

" your logic for date manipulation

endif.

endif.

Try this logic and let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Ragunathan.R