cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM orders Using Different cost elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a list of PM orders which are using different cost elements when infect they are supposed to use the same cost element. I checked the following when comparing the orders but they are the same

plant

Order type

work center

activity type

GL account

settlement rule

partner

I thought they could be some rules/validations affecting, but the following are the same

amounts ( many differing amounts )

quantities

posting date

Can someone tell me what could be the driving force for the different cost elements?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would like to know how to block out extra charges occurred, after closing out an PM work order by contractors.

Paying a monthly flat rate to our contractors,for maintenance works carried out.

When a work order is raised in SAP PM, additional charges seems to be appearing after TECO (closing out a work order)?

Many thanks

Rajan Ratti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

I think this issue and above mention issue are different.

There are two status TECO (Technically Completed)  and CLSD (Business Completion). The details are given below

Business completion is financial completion of work orders.On business completion,no more costs can be posted on the specific work order account and moreover the man-hours consumed during maintenance work order are transferred to HR module.

If you do not click on "Business Completed"

1. Other modules and financial reports will not get updated in the book of accounts.

2. Every time when you run the Settlement for the orders in the then system will pick up the order as costs can be posted on this order.

3. This is not a good business practice and at the time of Audit this will be an important Point as why so many old orders not Business Completed.

So to Solve your problem you can change the status to CLSD instead of TECO.  Or you can use Exit IWO10004 to control on Status (means if any thing is open in that order system won't allow you to TECO order.

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Generally we assign cost element in Activity type in KL01/KL02/KL03. This activity type will be used to create Work center and KP26 Setting. so when you use that Activity or work center the cost will go to that cost element assigned to KL03.

2. for material check check OBYC setting as told by pete.

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchrue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CSP Par

the two PM orders with different cost elements have the same activity type, same cost center, and the materials are non stock materials and both have the same material group and GL account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to "Plant Maintenance and Customer Service ---- Basic Settings------Settings for Display of Costs -------  Define value category"

now here we are maintaining Value category as suppose External cost and Internal cost. assign Cost element in value category.

This thread is useful to you.

Cost element derivation is with value category. If you want to check cost element group go to "KAH1" and create for internal and external group.

Please check

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TC,

Does your question relate to labour posting (IW41, etc), or material postings (MIGO, etc)??

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

either way its giving the same problem , all I want  to know is that what causes the selection of a particular cost element . I have PM orders with materials and labour and  they are posting to different cost elements so I want to find out if there is anything either in the order itself or from CO config that causes the system to select a particular cost element. I don't know if I am clear

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TC,

For the labour posting, the CE is determined from the Activity Type (TCode KL03).

For materials its in the IMG under the MM Account Assignment (usually TCode OBYC).

For free text POs, its whatever the user enters (or defaults).

PeteA