Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absence Quota Wrong IT2006 Transferring Values

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

We implemented Positive Time evaluation on 2014 currently clients use Time evaluation to get IT2006 records, before that No time Evaluation Everything was manual.

i have got all the results but little issue with Generation of Annual Quota. I explain in detail.

An Employee was hired in 04.10.2010, So we captured is hiring date as 04.10.2010 in IT0041,  Clients run time evaluation for the employee for the whole year i.e. 01.01.2014 to 31.12.2014,

Currently in Table V_T559E - base entitlement as 0 to 4 years - 20 days and 4 to 14 years 22 days, used feature HDATE and gave M2- hiring date specifications as the return type.

In T559L - i gave Accrual period as Calendar year , Accrual Entitlement with Prorata and no multiplication, Transfer time upon accrual.

In 2014 itself he had many personnel actions like position grade change and many and i used Rounding rule where over 0.5 becomes 1.

Issue:

When we run time evaluation 2014 for whole year, it goes to HDATE feature takes the hiring date i.e.04.10.2010, and runs till 31.12.2014 and transfer values 21 days to IT2006, but client says its wrong , total value will be 20.48767 as per counting rule it should be 20 days.

But due to multiple personnel action ran on 2014 itself. Split occurs and transfers the values to IT2006 on split day itself rather than calendar year

For example if split occurs on 31.03.2014, if it gives the value as 2.60, it becomes 3 on that moment itself. so 21 days coming instead of 20 days.

How to solve the case,attached the screenshots for your reference, since learning time management i am stuck up here, your help is greatly appreciated.

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

We will have to do this differently.

Write your PCR Z123 like this.

HRS=FEXXC                                where XX is your time quota

ROUNDHR01

ADDDBYYYY                               where YYYY is your daily time type

HRS=DYYYY

HRS-FEXXC

OUTAQTYP

XX

UPDTQAXX

Ensure that this PCR is placed after QUOTA function and is called using P2006 as shown below. Also include another CUMBT function after P2006.

QUOTA

P2006  Z123

CUMBT

I hope this will resolve your issue. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that you remove all rounding logic in V_T559L table or anywhere else.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Absolutely, i wrote same kind of PCR, but thought that ROUND function wont work in time management. But anyway with your logic and i try and let you know the results.

Thanks for your help brother

Regards

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek.

I applied logic of your PCR, all working fine , but value i am getting in IT2006 as this 19.99997, rather than 20,

System takes only two decimal values i.e. 20.49 rather than reading all decimal places from IT2006,

So system gives the value 19.99997

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How you had written your rounding rule with decimal places as per screen I had attached above and hope that your issue will get resolved.

Try & let us know.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kedhar,

You mean the configuration of rounding rule or in PCR

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Please share with me the PCR you wrote and the processing of PCR. We will be able to fix it.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Here you go bro,

01 is my quota type, m1 is the rounding rule copy of 01

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for not attaching it

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the screenshot is missing. Can you also display the value of your time type from Table ZES?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have attached all in this screenshot.

Thanks

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Sriram...I couldn't find the time type TANL in the screenshot.

Have you added the function CUMBT after this PCR. If yes, then check the value of TANL in Table ZES. This will help us to understand what the rounded value was.

Can you please share it?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

I have attached it again. hope this screenshot would help us.

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Forgot to attach it. please find now

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you send me screenshot of the ABWKONTI table immediately after Quota function? I would like to know its value before the PCR processing.

Will have to figure out why the calculation went below 20.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek.

I think while reading value from IT2006, it just read as 20.49 with two decimal rather than reading all,

Anyway i have attached the screenshot

Thanks

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right Sriram.

Let me think of a possible way to fix this.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek.

Thanks for your time and help on this.

I am thinking about it since morning. have not recieved solution. Hoping for your response too..

Very challenging.

Thanks

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sriram,

Can you do one thing? Let us try this way.

Change the transfer period to calendar year in your table V_T559L and add your rounding rule in accrual entitlement tab.

Deactivate this PCR which you have written and let me know how this goes.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek.

I have done that too, its working fine. but we have an issue here also,

For example if future termination action does for that employee. when quota runs total value becomes 0

if i am firing that employee on 1st of october, till 30th of september quota runs, but what happens since we have given calendar year , no quota transfer takes place. value in IT2006 becomes zero.

But still in QTRANS i can see the value, dont know how to transfer it

Thanks

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If an employee is getting terminated, why do you wish to transfer this value? Is this for the purpose of encashment of accrued quota?

Please advise.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

No encashment here, But if he has 20 days of leave for the whole year. if he is terminated in future i am saying.

Currently he is still the employee of the company . but while future termination happens depend pro-ration should happen. 20 must become 18 on that time. since termination has been happened in future.

they are seeing 0 in IT2006, rather than some values.

Hence client requesting it.

Thanks

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm...I am totally confused.

Can you please state your complete annual leave requirement? I would like to know only your annual leave requirement.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you run time evaluation? Do you run till the current date or for the entire year at once?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just saw your request details. Are you using a custom version of schema TM00 for quota generation?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

We don't have payroll in our module. Annual Quota is being generated for the employees 0 to 4 years 20 days, 4 to 14 years 22days,  and 14 to 0999 . 24 days, we are calculating seniority from a date type called working day which is stored in 41, Time evaluation was introduced to them by 2014 January. we are using this feature HDATE.

Currently we have problem with Annual Quota which is causing this issue ?

yes our schema is copied version of TM00, we have our own customized schema. Client will run the schema from 01.01.2014 to 31.12.2014 for any employee.

they are expecting like this. i run time evaluation for the employee for the whole year who doesnt have future terminated action. system gives some value for example 21 days for him

Tomorrow , he is leaving the company on november. they run the termination action in the system by today itself.  and when they run schema again they expect pro-ration before he had 21, now until october he is available in company. so pro-ration it should be 18 days.

I told them to use quota correction infotype for future terminated people. but they say i don't want manual intervention. all i need is automatic.

Hope is answer your question, i welcome your suggestion as well in this as i am just learning the time schema

Thanks

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram.

Appreciate your detailed explanation of the situation and issue. Let me think about this issue and get back to you.

Regards,
Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your time as well on this issue.  i have not got any clue on this issue yet . if i dont find any i will have to go for customized function or operation only for future terminated action or else i will have to take it with SAP.

Thanks

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Please do the following:

1. Delete the PCR which I asked you to create.
  2. Restore your settings of quota to the scenario where the rounded value was coming on to 21 days. This means you will have to apply rounding rule in V_T559L accrual entitlement tab.
  3. Create another quota with exactly the same settings as 01. However, in this case, don't put the rounding logic and in transfer tab, enter the value of transfer package as 99999.99. This means that this quota will never get transferred to the employee and will store the accrued days in decimal places.
  4. Write a custom PCR as below:

Z123

VARSTCURMO

VARSTREDAY

GCY Z123A

GCY Z123B

GCY Z123B

A

HRS=FUXXC                   where XX is the new quota created

ROUNDHR01

HRS-FE01C

HRS?0

<

OUTAQTYP

UPDTQA01

B

VARSTNDYAC

N

GCY Z123A

Y

Introduce this PCR after QUOTA function like the earlier PCR  (the one you deleted) and also add CUMBT function after this PCR.

In the above PCR, I am reading the value of quota XX which will be something like 20.47777. I round it off to 20 and subtract 21 (value read from 01). The difference of -1 is passed to quota 01, thereby reducing it to 20.

I hope this will resolve your issue. Let me know how it goes.

Remember that you new quota XX is just a dummy quota to arrive at the cumulated value for the given calendar year.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply on this. i am currently trying it, but however in transfer time tab. i cant directly enter transfer packages and save it. it keeps on saying Specify transfer time. i will have to choose any one of the radio button. wont i?

Please find attached screenshot.

Regards

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes choose the radio button upon accrual or calendar year...doesn't make any difference as we don't want to transfer it.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Sorry to raise this question. if i choose calendar year button and give transfer time as by given you. doesn't really the quota get transferred to IT2006???

Trying to understand the logic here.

Thanks

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have asked you to select upon accrual or calendar year and also mention the transfer package as 99999. Hence, till your accrual reaches 99999, the accrued value will never get transferred and it will never reach 99999 in a year because your yearly quota is around 24 days max.

Please read the earlier post where I have explained the logic.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Sorry Vivek. Didn't see that in proper. doing the configuration now. will let you know the results.

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek.

You are awesome, yes this logic 100% works, many many thanks for your solution as i was breaking my head on this.

I have tested from my end. it works pakka. but still lot of testing are there, will test all and get back to you on this.

really a very good learning which just gave me a deep knowledge on this , but many thanks for your solution and guidance.

i test all and get back to you if everything is working 100%

Regards

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad that the solution worked for you. If the testing is successful in all scenarios, kindly close this thread by marking the correct answer.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Absolutely, i test it for all scenarios, once it worked well, i will make it as a correct answer and i close it

Thanks once again for your great help.

Regards

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Are all the scenarios tested successfully and is the issue resolved now?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have tested from my end. it works pakka. but i have just given to business, and i am currently awaiting sign off from them i hope i get it by tomorrow as soon as i get,

I mark the answer.

Thanks

Sriram

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your help on this. it worked from their end too and now 100% is fine. thank so much for guidance. it was a great learning for me.

Regards,

Sriram

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad your issue is resolved.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek.

More than an issue. it was great learning experience from your guidance and experience on this case.

Thank you so much once again.

Regards

Sriram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per your screen shot, it's may be problem with your rounding rule and provide screen shot of your M1 rounding rule & here we need to do corrections.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kedhar,

Thanks for your reply , I have attached below.

Thanks

Sriram

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Use the below RR .

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan.

i applied. i got 21.5 as the number.

Regards

Sriram

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Configure like below screen shot.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain like below upto 21 then let me know the results..

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Remove the 1st 001 rule no and only apply 002 rule.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan.

I have tested, It shows as 24, which is again not an expected results. I hope rounding rules are fine.

but i have given accrual period as calendar year. so 31.12.2014 only quotas details will be transferred. But what happens here due to multiple personnel actions on same day.

Split occurs on that day itself quota gets transferred actually it should not. but due to split it happens. thats the issue. if i remove work center basic pay check box. 20 coming perfectly.

but i have issues if employees have a future termination action.

Thanks

Sriram

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Please share your Rounding rule.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos