cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Bulk PSAs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have a requirement for our client. Need to make a small change in the name of particular PSA (eg "0001 External" to "0001 External Group"). But unfortunately, the PSA "0001" is part of 400 different PAs.

We are worried that we need to open each PA and change the name of PSA and save, which is hectic work as well it may result in human error.

Is there a way to change in shortcut? (searched the group, and found that it can be done through SE11 (for table T001P) through making change in ABAP debugging (/h) from "SHOW" to "EDIT". But it is not advisable, moreover TR will not be generated)

Plesae advise any shortcuts if availble. Your quick reply will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Sundar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If possible take the help of ABAP consultant and ask him to write one BDC program.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, is there Solution for this, please update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For time being take the help of ABAPer and complete the requirement.

you are very new to LSMW recordings, it will take time for you check the LSMW documents fully and follow one by one step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Thanks. I will check with ABAP, please clarify one point.

Table T001P (gives the entire list of PSAs) which is accessible only through SE11, SE16 and not by SM30 and changing values in SE11 / SE16 is not possible.

In LSMW, if am not wrong if we give SM30 or SPRO, PSAs will appear as per the PA given (eg 1000), but in the recording the PA (eg 1000) entered in the pop box is not capturing.  Also if i change PSA text (eg for PSA 1001, I change text from "HR" to  "HRM"), only the text (HRM) is caprturing in recording not the PSA (1001)

Kindly advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From SM30 table is V_T001P. while recording you have to enter the values manually, F4 option will not record while recording. and you are changing the description of the PSA only. that's it is recording only description. while recording which fields are maintained / edited / created those only it will record.

Try like this, if PSA code is same for all the 400 PA's then do only thing while recording copy the existing one and edit and delete the old one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't know how to do LSMW ask ABAPer help for doing this otherwise ask them for BDC program. ABAP team will help you. but give appropriate PA and PSA and what you want to change in that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praneeth,

Could you pls tell which tcode to be used for recording in LSMW? since I am unable to do with SPRO recording. (in which PA field name is not capturing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you try LSMW on sm30? table V_t001p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Yes tried in SM30 also, problem is in both SPRO / SM30, the target fields in LSMW are

LTD_DTA_NO               View maintenance: Flag: no restrictions

BTEXT_01                     Personnel Subarea Text

TRKORR                       Request/Task

There is no scope to capture / enter the respective PA / PSA details. Please help if i am making any mistake in recording.

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sundar,

you can't write LSMW by config level, You have to write in table level like SM30 --> table name then it will work.

Try with this way I'm sure you can get the result because I've done the same way.

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better go with LSMW, as you said you have to change for 400 PA's.

Test in the development and testing server then go for Production server. never do any changes through ABAP debugging.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all I don’t think there is need of change for all
the PERNRs , Just change the back ground text of that PSA it will get changed
automatically for rest

PSA field label is 20 Charcs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sikindar for the reply,

I will not change PERNR details... I will change the PSA Text only, but instead of doing 400 times (one by one for each PA) is there any short cut?

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am still confused why you need BDC or LSMW

If we change the Text in backgroud , it will be displayed in the fornt end on infotypes right.

Correct me if i am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not about front end. The requirement is to change the name of the PSA which belong to 400 different PAs.