Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant specific maintenance order types

former_member201392
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi... experts

my client having 3 company with 5 plants.

they want plant specific order type , means for every plant need to create 4 different standard order type (PM01,PM02,PM03,PM04).

so which is the best suggestion from your side, if i create 4 order type & assign the same to all company's plant it is right or not ?

For Exp :-

Company :- XYZ

Plant - 1 :- PM01, PM02,PM03,PM04

Plant -2 :-  PM01, PM02,PM03,PM04

Company :- ABC

Plant - 1 :- PM01, PM02,PM03,PM04.

or create separate order type for every plant, suggest the best option.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you maintain same order types across plants, you will be required to fill plant field compulsorily in selection screens, because mostly the queries are plant specific.  If you maintain different order types like PM01 to PM04 in one plant and ZM01 to ZM04 in another you can directly query by Order types. But you have 5 Plants, So if you go for different Order types across plants, you might have to go for numbers like ZM11 to ZM14, ZM21 to ZM24, ZM31 to ZM34 in the other plants. But here too the Order type convention should be so that it should identify the the Plant and Company. So this looks a bit complicated. So view expressed by sounds good.

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member201392
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks to all for  valuable suggestion ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

I think all above answers clear your idea but if your requirement is only for reporting purpose and if you are using suppose IW38/IW39 then you can use search criteria as Planning plant and order type lets see example

For Exp :-

Company :- XYZ

Plant - 1 :- PM01, PM02,PM03,PM04

Plant -2 :-  PM01, PM02,PM03,PM04

Company :- ABC

Plant - 1 :- PM01, PM02,PM03,PM04.

then in IW38 you can give selection as per given below

Planning Plant (AUART) - Plant 1

Company code (BUKRS)- XYZ

Order type - PM01

Because when ever you are creating order you are giving Plant, Company code and Order type. So you can use standard order type (no need to create new Order type), assign it to Planning Plant in "OIOD" and check it.

Regards,

Chaitanya

former_member201392
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@Sebastian - actually they want this for the flexibility to see the report , but  i know it would not be easy, ......thx......

@Rao Sir :- there is not any valid reason ....they want separate reporting only...thx

@pete :- industry type is same for all plants no difference.

Please suggest if any ....

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Lokesh,

As per your reply, it seems that all plants are of same type so all maintenance processes will be also similar.

In this case, you should not create separate order types for all the plants. This is illogical.

If it is only for reporting purpose, you should convince them that reporting is possible at plant level too. (For ex: In T-Code IW38 or IW39 or IW37N you can display orders specific to plants and specific to order types).

You should plan the user authorizations so that a particular user can display orders only for their specific plant.

Hope this solves your query.

Chin2.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lokesh Ojha,

Separate order types may make sense for example, if these plants are completely different business sectors (e.g. Automotive and Medical), or there may be valid financial reasons to have it this way..

If the plants are the same business sector (e.g. Chemical plants), then my first question would be: why do you feel you need specific order types per plant?

By having the same order types you maintain an element of consistency throughout your organisations. Training can be standardised and people move easily between locations, etc, etc.

PeteA

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Lokesh,

It's difficult to determine this, without knowing why does your client want to have the Plant-specific Order Types. Normally, I would advise against it, and suggest using the same Order Type for the multiple Plants, if possible - unless there are differences in the process, or the configuration, such as the Status or Settlement Profiles.

Please provide more details. Note that if you create multiple Order Types, this affects many things, from your configuration, through Roles, to the number of entries you see in the IW31 transaction...