cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Analyzer memory limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Nowadays we are running Bex Queries through BEx Analyzer (BI Add on 7.x (based on 7.30) SP 0 Revision 1829) with Excel 2003, and for some reports, we need to obtain more than 65536 rows.

What would happen if we install Excel 2007 in order to get the required rows? Will we have to limit the number of columns due to the memory limitation exposed in SAP note 1040454? (mem = 100MB + (#rows x #columns) x 0.0016 MB).

I want to know if Netweaver 7.30 SP8 still presents this memory limitation.

By other side, by connecting BO to the BEx Query, this limitation is supposed to disappear, right?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

just to add to Michael's post: It is better if you use other tools like JAVA Web Reporting, transaction RSCRM_BAPI, or Open Hub functionality to get data of size which is exceeding the limitation of BEx Excel. Simple limit of BEx Excel is still there because of .NET platform limits.

I'm not sure what BO front end tool you have in mind but I think there are no such a limitations at least in WeBI or Crystal Reports.

Always consider if such a long report makes really sense for the users...

Cheers

m./

michael_devine
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The limit still exists. Even with Notes like 1970826 the limit still exists. It is a .NET limit and is not under our remit.

Regards,

Michael