cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verifying syntax of outbound EDIFACT message using B2B Add-On

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the SAP B2B AddOn SP3 on SAP PO 7.4 and are implementing outbound EDIFACT interfaces towards customers and vendors. Within the EDIFACT UNB segment we need to populate the syntax identifier (UNB/S001/0001) and version (UNB/S001/0002) that the business partner expects.

The question now is how we can guarantee that the outbound EDIFACT message contains the characters that correspond to the syntax identifier and version that are used within the same message. For example the Euro charcter € should not be present when syntax identifer UNOA is used. Is there probably some kind of adapter module that can take care of this?

How did other people solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reinier,

As Jacob already suggested, you need to properly fill that segment in your message mapping step.

Ask your business partner for the requirements and create the mapping accordingly.

I did that in the past and that works fine and is easy to do.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reinier,

Very good question. I've been working with configuring B2B scenarios the past 2 months, but have not stumbled upon any standard functionality in adapters or adapter modules, which does this kind of validation. I think it's up to the individual developer to ensure that the content of the message adheres to what has been specified in syntax and version.

I would suggest you to add it as a feature request for future version of the B2B components.

I'm just wondering, what would your expected behavior be for handling message content that does not validate against the syntax/version? Should it fail in the adapter/module or should the adapter/module filter away invalid characters? And should you get notified if characters has been filtered away?

Best regards,

Jacob