cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Documents from a Windows System into KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to integrate a windows share folder to our KM, and I followed the sap instructions ( Integrating Documents from a Windows System into KM - Knowledge Management - SAP Library).

In particulary we need to have two different kind of access to that folder, one with read permission and one with FullControl

1. We created a new share folder and we set User1 (read permission) and User2 (Full Control)
  2. In SAP EP we created a System Administrator > System Configuration > Content Management > Global Services > Network Path with the sharing path and User1 credential.
  3. Under System Administrator > System Configuration > Content Management > Global Services > System Landscape Definitions > Systems > Windows system we created a new system called mySystem
  4. Under System Administrator > System Configuration > System Landscape we create a new Km Windows System with alias mySystem.
  5. Under System Administrator > System Configuration > Content Management > Repository Managers > File System Repository we create a new file system with:
    • Root directory = as declared in Network Path configuration
    • Security Mager = W2kSecurityManager
    • Windows Landscape System = "mySystem" (as configured as alias into System Landscape)
  6. As last step I mapped my user with User2 credential.

Results:

I found my share folder into KM but I have just read permission as User1 (used into Network Path).

Why if my user is mapped with User2 credential??

Am I missing smoething??

Thanks and Best Regards,

AT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The network path gets mounted with the credentials you provide. You can restrict further the permissions but not elevate them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli for your answer,

I tryed to invert the configuration, I set User2 (Full Control) in Network Path and User1 (Read-only) in the user mapping of my user.

The result is that I can access to the KM File system but I can also create contents (as User2 permission). So seems that the mapping isn't working and my user inherits the permission by Network Path configuration..

How can I make the User Mapping works??

Thanks and Best Regards.

AT

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several possible reasons, start by checking SAP note 615479. I chose to implement the local security manager (AclSecurityManager) instead and setup permissions in KM because of the multiple requirements with user mapping.