cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use MF60 for split the components needs in a horizon of several days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I'm working in my Industry to migrate the SAP system from a Repetitive mode to a Discrete one, and trying to launch the use of KanBan and MF60 usage, I'm not doing fine.

I want to launch MF60 usage, through the bases of using it to distribute the need of components reserve in a Process Order (or several) in a daily frequency.

I know it is possible to use the pull-list to propose only the replenishment quantity to be used in a time horizon given, for all Process Orders that uses "these" components.

I ask for guidelines, as I don't know if I need to start building Kan Ban signals through PK transactions, or if I need to reconfigure some Material Master Views, as for the moment I'm not able to split the need as it is only proposing me the overall need of the order, even though I have already upload Resources, Master Recipes and Schedules to obtain a distribution in the Process Order lifetime.

From what I know, the desire view to work on is the MF60 "Staging type: WM release order parts".

I'll appreciate any information, or documentation you can share

Regards,

David P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi David

I read this thread but your issue is not exactly clear for me. What exactly are you no being able to do with MF60?

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Almeida and thanks for the response.

I'll try to explain myself in a practical way.

Now that it has being upload the Master Data in terms of resources and master recipes to work on a SAP Discrete mode, then I am working on the replenishment of components of the BOM's that are "signed" at the Process Order creation.

My current situation in an example will be: If I create a Process Order for a 7-day duration, it makes the components reserves for the total, nevertheless I want to configure "somewhere"-"somehow" in SAP to be able to use the MF60 transaction to distribute the needs in a given horizon.

With the scenario I have now, if I run the MF60 transaction for "that" order, no matter the horizon, it propose me the replenishment of the total need of the components minus the product already consumed. And even more, I only can run the MF60 with the "SLoc Level" view, and I have notice the distribution I need should be viewed under the "WM RelOrd. Parts" which is giving me a blank data result.

What will be my desire usage of the MF60, is to use it to propose me the needed components inside the given horizon, so if I give a 1-day horizon, and expect to get the components quantity for that day.

I hope, my issue is more clear now

Thanks

David P   

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Generally you can distribute the requirements quantities using a distribution key, however, as it is stated on the note below, the distribution key is not supported on MF60:

180792 - MF60: No distribution key support

This note provides the following solution for this issue:

As of Release 4.6B, there is a customer exit for reducing requirement shares (EXIT_SAPLRMPU_008 in customer enhancement SAPLRMPU). It gives you the option of adjusting the component requirements to your needs.In earlier releases, you have the option of manually adjusting the staging quantities in the pull list.However, this requires you to keep a close watch on the missing parts quantity in relation to the available quantity in the line.Another option consists of splitting lengthy planned orders into several shorter ones in the planning table.

BR

Caetano