cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill Down from chart to webi trigger automatically while changing the combo box seelction

former_member195446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The problem is if I select the box  in the heat map, it will take me to a webi report then if I come back to the dashboard and change the combo box. The selection is not deselected, As the selection is still there it selects the value in the changed heat map there by automatically triggering the URL and redirecting to Webi Report automatically.

Can any one Please help me to resolve this,i really would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest to do a work-around.  Set the selection of your Heatmap in a cel.  And use URL button to jump to your webi report.  Note: do not set trigger by datachange!

Grtz

Koen

former_member195446
Participant
0 Kudos

the heat map having top 10 Values(this will also change dynamically based on combobox seelction),the user want to select any one of those value and the selected value should pass to that webi Report

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah, set the selection of your heatmap in a cell, concatenate with your jumplink. assign url button to it.  And case closed

former_member195446
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks you for your Prompt Response.

actuall my issue not able to pass the parameter to webi

my issue is i'm able to pass but when i change any value from drop down corresponding to that selction the heat map will chnage and the value will pass and webi report will trigger automatically

because of the previous selction in the heat map.

i have to stop that

can you  please see the previous discussion,it will help understand the exact issue

Thanks,
Prasad

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but if your link is via the url button, the webi will only be opened when you click on that button.
but note that on tab "common" you must not set "trigger on cell" !

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a typical issue when the xcelsius components do not have auto-deselect property.

Try doing this work-around. I have implemented it successfully in one of the previous projects.

Identify one particular destination cell (lets call this cell DEST_CELL here onwards) that is triggering the particular report to open automatically. Now, take a new combo box and use it to insert a blank value in the DEST_CELL everytime DEST_CELL changes its value. Now write a formula in some other cell(lets call is FLAG_CELL) that gives you a "1" when DEST_CELL is not blank and gives you "0" when DEST_CELL is blank. Use this FLAG_CELL to fire the URL. Do not fire URL on change event, fire it when FLAG_CELL is "1".

Hope this helps you. Do let me know if you need any more/other help.

Thanks,

Prasanna

former_member195446
Participant
0 Kudos

sorry  for late response,i already know this solution and implemented.

one more thing i have to mention here.whenever i change any selection from the combox at that time query is also refreshing for the below heat map,so once combobox place blank cell to destination cell stiil that query refreshing,once refresh completed the selected value placed into the destination Cell(means its replacing blank cell with selected value after refresh complete for that seelction in combo box).

to avoid this i put dynamic visibility for that combobx,like this should enable once query refresh completed but no use

Thanks,

Prasad

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What map have you used here ?

How are you passing the values to the webi report ?

If possible please attach the xlf file in txt format to check the flow ?