cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create same DC (name) under different SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question on creating the DC in development prospective from NWDS 7.3.

My requirement is as below.

We have the below DC and SC structure.

SC <ABC_SC>

DC <XYZ_DC>

SC<DEF_SC>

DC<PSQ_DC>

both the above SC's and DC's are already checked-in to DTR. Now the question is can I create the  same DC<PSQ_DC> under first SC? Ex as shown below?

SC <ABC_SC>

DC <XYZ_DC>

DC<PSQ_DC>

As I have developed web dynpro project it will be lot of difficult to create the dc with different name and move all the code? can you please let me know the possibility? would there be any naming convention issue and if yes, what would be the ideal solution for this scenario.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are they going to be deployed on same server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

Currently both the DC's on different SC's has been checked in to DTR as shown and explained in scenario1. However, if it is possible to create the same DC under first as shown in scenario 2. Then I'll delete or stop using DC<PSQ_DC> from the first scenario from DTR.

Scenario1.

SC <ABC_SC>

DC <XYZ_DC>

SC<DEF_SC>

DC<PSQ_DC>

Scenario 2.

SC <ABC_SC>

DC <XYZ_DC>

DC<PSQ_DC>

Please advise?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using any name reservation service for your tracks with SCs (ABC, DEF).

If that is the case, I think you will not be able to create the DC with the same name again.

But you can still try to create the DC with the same name in SC <ABC> and see if it is allowing to create the DC with the same name.

Please let us know the results.

BR,

Anurag

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you will not be create same name DC with in the SC.Here both DC name should be different in your case

Scenario 2.

SC <ABC_SC>

DC <XYZ_DC>

DC<PSQ_DC>

like we can create.

BR,

Durga.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the sc are not in the same track, i think you can

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, yes, unfortunately all SC's are on the same track.

I would have asked the question in different format, after doing some analysis came to know that I can move the DC from one SC to other SC. Here is the SAP Note and Solution. " 888969 - How to Move a DC from one SC to another" I'm trying the same one, but my requirement is after moving the DC or while moving DC can change the name of the DC, I'll keep posted, however if you have any ideas or options can you please send it across.

Thank you so much again !!!

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to change name while moving, i think there is an easy way.

create the dc with desired name in new sc, then copy the wd component from old dc to new dc(under wd perspective)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

I tried but lot of work as I have many web dynpro components and projects it is long time to copy and correct all. so I'm moving the DC from SC to other SC in 7.3 version using the SAP note#  888969, however looks like we need to have the Administrator rights can you please let me know Admin rights means adding J2EE_ADMIN role to my user id? or how to find out if I have access to perform this task?

• You have administrator rights (You especially need the INTEGRATE permission on the DTR workspaces).

-- second qn: the link in the sap note is not working to see what exactly defined in that, appreciate if you could let me know the best approach?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/01/72a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/content.htm

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nwdi administrator should be enough

for the second, you can ignore, your server is 7.3 right?

just follow

From NWDS version 7.20 and higher you can enable the "DTR Admin" plug-in via the preferences. Go to Window->Preferences->Development Infrastructure->Design Time Repository and enable the "Administrative Functionality" check box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John, its really helpful info, I'm working towards the resolution, looks like it is long procedure and I'm scared if it mess-up any of the ongoing project work, do you have any documentation or thread which has been done in the past by anyone, appreciate if you could direct it to that link or documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to move DC from one SC to other SC following the note 888969 and while

(Integrate the activity into the "dev/inactive" workspace of the target SC.) step I'm getting below error

Integration of the activity from source to workspace failed (Forbidden [(pre||post)-condition failed: DAV:access-denied]

security team has assigned  SAP_DI_ADMINISTRATOR to my user id but still getting the above error can any one advise?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Successfully migrated the DC from SC to other SC. all issues resolved

Thanks to the SCN forum.

Answers (0)