cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending a BOM that has been created and then deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a BOM for a material that has been extended to several plants already.

This BOM should be the same for all plants, so I maintain through extenstion in CS07 for all other plants.

The problem is that someone created that same BOM for a new plant manually and did NOT use CS07 to extend it.

I deleted the BOM they created manually, hoping that I could recreate it using CS07 to extend it.

It won't let me.  I get the error  "BOM already exists for this material/plant/usage" when I try to extend it now for the new plant, even though I have deleted the BOM I am trying to re-create.

Is there any way that I can create the BOM for this new plant using an extension now?  Or is this not possible in any way?

Thank you very much,

Stefani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefani,

Check this note and follow the instructions:

19006 -
Deleting a variant BOM with history requirement

To physically delete the logically deleted BOM or variant/alternative, run one

of the two reports described below....

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mariano!  I am asking our Global Business Team to see if they can assist with this service note.   I will follow up once they are able to assist to confirm if this fixed my issue.   I super appreciate your quick help!!  Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yay!     Our Global Business Team did figure out how to fix this issue (thank you Julia Fox):

1.) We used CS02 to go into the BOM we wanted to delete and extend with the others.

We found the date it was first created and entered that date in "Valid From" field.

We left the Change Number blank.

2.) In CS02, we hit the green check icon, selected "Material BOM" and then "Delete".

This cleared out the change history that we did not clear out before when we used a change number to delete this BOM previously.  That change history was what was preventing the extension of the plant's BOM from another after we deleted it with a change number.

3.) Then we were able to go into CS07 and extend the BOM to match the other BOMs, since the change history was deleted.

Thank you again Mariano for your help!  We couldn't use Support Note #19006 you found because the BOM could still be displayed (because we deleted it with a change number).

Answers (0)