cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogenous system copy on NW 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a basic query. The constraint of performing System copy with Oracle DB can be done only if the backup is taken using brtools?

If the backup is of native Oracle backup taken using RMAN and TSM can we perform the System copy using backup/restore method.. Please clarify..

Also in Netweaver 7.4 with Oracle DB 11.2.0.4 SSFS is been implemented so what will be the post installation procedure to update/maintain the password of SAPSchema SAPSR3 user similar to updating OPS$<sidadm>, I am aware that SSFS the password of SAPUSER is stored in file system but how does the connection get established and what post installation step must be done after System copy on the target system.

Please share your experience..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The constraint of performing System copy with Oracle DB can be done only if the backup is taken using brtools?

No. You can do it using Oracle specific Backup tools as well.

Best & Recommended is to use BRTools, which will make your work easier in Backup-Restore-Recovery.

If the backup is of native Oracle backup taken using RMAN and TSM can we perform the System copy using backup/restore method..
        Yes.

1. Select "Homogenous System Copy(Backup-Restore Method)" while performing system copy on Target Sys.

2. When it prompts for restore - use your backup tools to restore and open the database.

3. Continue with the rest of the part.

thanks,

pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please find the below answers

The constraint of performing System copy with Oracle DB can be done only if the backup is taken using brtools?

- yes you can use Oracle tools but it is always advisable to use Brtools.

If the backup is of native Oracle backup taken using RMAN and TSM can we perform the System copy using backup/restore method.. Please clarify..

yes

using SWPM there are special options to handle such scenarios and  it will automatically take care of OP$ and SSFS mechanism. so dont worry

select homogenous copy .. while selecting database select appropriate tools and it will take backup of the same and performs the same.

Regards

Dishant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan/Dishant,

Thanks for the response.

So I can start with the installation using system copy method for target system installation.

Provide the parameters for SAP & DB start the installation then sapinst will prompt to stop and install the DB and restore/recover the database is it.

Also for system copy I guess I should provide the same key phrase as the source system for the UME to function without any issues any thoughts about it?

SSFS we dont have to do any post installation setup after system copy?

Or this being a native RMAN backup I can do a fresh installation of EHP7 (NW 7.4) and later suggest the DBA to delete the data and restore/recover from the source system backup.

Please share your experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

yes you can go ahead with first approach.

Regards

Dishant