Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

effect if i active QS41(Catelouge) Node

mayursinhdayatar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently QS41 node is deactivate in Production server,

I want to know that if we active this node what are the other effect.

is it suitable for active this node for PM Module?

Thanks

Regards

Mayursinh Dayatar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mayursinhdayatar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chin2,

I Heard that if i open this node parallel other node is automatic open.

So i want to know which other node is open.

We have many changes in Catelouge code group so i want to elemate transport request long procedure.

Thanks

Mayur

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mayur,

I have never heard about any other nodes getting activated apart from Catalogs but for activating edit in production you may need to consult with your BASIS consultant for activating this through T-Code: SOBJ.

Following objects can be activated based on your requirement:

1. V_QPAC_KAT  -  Maintain set codes

2. V_QPAM_CL    -  Maintain Selected Sets

3. V_QPAM_KAT  -  Catalog maintenance: Selected sets

4. V_QPCD_KAT  -  Codes for code group

5. V_QPGR_CL    -  View cluster for maintaining code groups and codes

6. V_QPGR_KAT  -  Code groups.

But still would like to tell you if you activate this objects, it would affect other modules as well.

The effort in doing this would be same as configuring the catalogs, codes and code groups in development and then transporting.

Also, The major problem here would be when some Transport request in development is having objects for catalogsis transported to production, your data in production server will be overwritten by the data transported by objects in this transposrt request.

Hope I made you clear with the pros and cons of both the methods.

Chin2.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mayursinh,

During our implementation where lakhs of codes (QS41) thousands of Profiles (OQN6) were involved, we use to generate 100s of Transport Requests. At that time to avoid this transport requests and the dependency thereby on people who transport it and also the time involved in the process, I was negotiating with BASIS (unsuccessfully) for getting authorization to one person who can directly work on these tcodes in Production. I could not get any satisfactory reasons for their NO, but BASIS preferred not deviating from the standard practices.

One disadvantage we can understand is that the testing environment in DEV and QAS would not be having this information, which I do not think a big one.

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QS41 is a configuration activity in DEV200 client, where a transport request is generated, which in turn is client copied to 220DEV through SCC1 tcode and transported to QAS and finally to PRD (production). Activiating this in PRD means working directly on this in PRD, which is not recommended generally. Some exceptions might be there around.

KJogeswaraRao

mayursinhdayatar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you suggest why it is not recommended and what is effect in other node.

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mayur,

Catalogs are linked to different modules say QM, PP, PM, MM and so on.

If it is allowed to change/ delete the Catalog codes or catalog code groups in production server, it may directly hamper the processes in different modules.

Say For Ex: One catalog code group is created for Causes and is transported to production for PM module and you have assign the same to one of your notifications.

Suppose the Catalog change is allowed in production server and some other module user (who is having authorization to change/ delete catalog codes/ code groups) deletes this particular catalog code group unknowingly your notification data will then become inconsistent.

Hence it is better to transport catalogs from dev - Quality - Production rather than directly modifying your catalogs in production server.

Hope your query is solved.

Chin2.