cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Configuration For UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

i have some new requirement Regarding in Uwl. i had uploaded Xml Configuration In UWL. which was standard provided by sap,we not maintained any task in swfvisu.

present my requirement is need change order of the  buttons which are appeared in screen shot and need change the order of buttons,

I had changed the code in display order priority tag but it is not changing properly.

Please guide me where i need to change the code of xml.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PardhaSaradhi

Many thanks for the response and clarification.

Ok based upon your screenshot and your desired changes for the buttons generated by the workflow + the additional 3 generated from xml configuration let us look at this from an overview perspective.

Now from the angle of the UWL when we are dealing with tasks in general and "Decision Button" display locations changes are made based upon the information obtained from the enablement of the UWL Support Information.

Enabling The Support Information:

1. Log on to the portal
  2. Navigate to the following path: system administration > system configuration In detailed navigation click on the UWL & Workflow folder to expand outThen click on the Universal Worklist Administration link
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page: Optional Universal Worklist Service Configuration Open the Tray for the Optional UWL Service Configuration Click on the button to open the tray for the optional UWL service configuration
  4. Scroll down again
  5. Go into edit mode
  6. Display Support Information: Set the parameter to true
  7. Click save

After doing so, click on a task for which you expect the buttons to be displayed at the indented position and the details will be shown.

The property actionPosition="top" applies only to view action. This means that if you define the needed actions for the view (e.g.approve, reject etc.) they will be available for all item types supported by that view and the action position will be managable.

To elaborate further and provide a more clean cut example kindly take a look at the SAMPLE XML code I have outlined below:

task.webflow.decision.TS92700378.SAP_ERP you are using DefaultView. In this view the action position is set to Top.If you need to have actions visible at the top please add them as action

references in the DefaultView xml definition.

<Actions>

<Action reference="defaultGlobalWizard"/>

<Action reference="addToNavigation"/>

<Action reference="removeFromNavigation"/>

<Action name="refresh" groupAction="" handler="UIActionHandler" referenceBundle="refresh" returnToDetailViewAllowed="yes"

launchInNewWindow="SHOW_HEADERLESS_PORTAL">

<Properties>

<Property name="type" value="button"/>

<Property name="onClick" value="onForceRefresh"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

</Actions>

You can also consider the option to create a new view that support only the above item type and add the actions to this new xml view adding action to the view definition will make the actions available for ll item types show in that view.

Now the example outlined above relates to the base position of the buttons as opposed to their ordering.

What I would recommend here is reviewing the following documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b5/3f084b854546d391e243163ab412cb/content.htm

Now in terms of the button ordering there are a few possible avenues of change analysis that we can look at here.

For means of example lets say we are dealing with a decision task. If this is the case as you have already attempted the XML would be the first protocol of change. However as they are decision tasks you may need to review the configurations and ordering in the workflow builder setup itself.

After making such changes remember to reupload with a priority of "High" and clear the UWL Cache:

Steps to clear the UWL cache please go to: System Administration" "System Configuration" ->

-> Universal Work list & Workflow -> Universal Workflow Administration -> Click on cache administration page -> Click "Clear Cache" button.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pardha

Many thanks for using the forums and I hope you are well.

Regarding the scenario you mentioned wanting to make changes to the buttons and the UWL Display could you kindly provide clarification on what buttons you mean as I cannot see any screenshot?

In terms of the UWL and XML files there are three key points to remember.

1. Backup unedited XML files so changes can be reverted if required.
  2. Reupload changed XML files with a priority of "High" to realize the desired changes.
  3. After making changes clear the UWL Cache or restart the UWL Service (not entire portal).

Regarding your query of where to change XML configurations kindly review and cross reference the documentation outlined below:

** Reference Documentation **

Personalizing and changing the UWL Display

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/administration-and-development/blog/2013/09/17/univer...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4b/113eb85bbf0120e10000000a42189c/content.htm

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards & All The Best

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

The below mentioned screen shot contains all buttons in which three of them are generated by work flow and another three are generated from xml configuration

i need to change the order of six buttons i tried change order by using tag <display order priority>

but it is only changing the order for first three buttons and last three buttons separately.

Regards,

PardhaSaradhi.