cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character Encoding in Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using HTML character encoding to prevent SQL injection, i.e. when a special character like apostrophe (') is entered, it is saved as '. I wanted to know if we could manipulate the data in between the two operations of fetching the data from the DB and displaying the data using Crystal?

We could use formulae/functions in the design/query, but I am looking for a more generic solution using Crystal API. I have attached a screenshot of how Mc'Donald is displayed in the Report.

Thanks for the help!

Noopur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All you need to do is format the field in CR to use HTML Text Interpretation. However note that CR does not support all HTML tags. For details see the following KBAs:

1217084 - What are the supported HTML tags and attributes for the HTML Text Interpretation in Crysta...

1272676 - Not all the standard HTML tags are interpreted in Crystal Reports when using HTML Text Int...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ludek,

Thanks for the response.

Actually, we are looking at implementing this for over 100 reports and it would be impractical to make the change specifically for each field. Is there a similar setting that can enable all reports to by default have HTML text interpretation? If not for all the reports, atleast for all the fields in a given report?

Noopur

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you can highlight / pick all the fields you want to do the interpretation on and then go to Format Field and set all as HTML interpretation. You could even lasso the objects. Only issue is, if yo include a db field that is of type number, there is not HTL interpretation so all highlighted / lassoed objects loose the "paragraph" tab and you can not set the interpretation.

- Ludek