Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAF Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing a BPM with Web Dynpro for Java using this blog

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/501bd56f-a5a6-2b10-4fbf-a61a64055...

The only part that is not described in this blog is that of CAF application creation.

Can you plesae help me with the CAF application creation as per this blog?

One more question,is it mandatory to create the CAF application whenever BPM and Web Dynpro for Java come into picture?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CAF Application creation is not mandatory in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant and Gareth,

Thanks a lot.

In the blog while creating communication profiles I need to select RFC as I am trying to insert the data to CRM unlike the other database mentioned in the blog.Right?

Also what other changes need to be done in the steps after communication profile creatin mentioned in the blog to insert the data in CRM table?

Last but the most important question,how to write the user input to CRM database?Any changes in the steps mentioned in the blog to do so that is steps other than the ones mentioned in the blog need to be followed for that?

Thanks in advance

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The CAF creation is described in that document, although it is of a high level nature.  If you don't understand what the description means, I'd suggest you search through help.sap.com and through blogs here on SCN for an introduction to CAF development, before continuing with the BPM document you are working through.

There are lots of introduction guides in the SAP help for CE generally, which you should probably work through.

Cheers,

G.