Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME Data in Process Context

former_member670948
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to retrieve User Data out of the UME and use them in the Process Context in NWDS, e.g. name, department, tel...

The goal is to use those attributes and store them in a Visual Composer Form in each Task to identify the actual and all the previous Task Owner.

All that I was able to do so far was getting the principal ID out of TaskOutput/TaskAttributes/actualOwner. But is it possible to retrieve all the other attributes the same way? We are using NW 7.31 SP4.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in VC there is the "User Data" object in the Compose toolbar that has all the information you require.

So a workaround will be to use it in each VC form of each task to get the actual owner and when he completes the task to append this information in a process context table structure.

Also when the next tasks open their VC form, get the information from the process context to display the previous stored owners.

Regards,

Vasilis

former_member670948
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Vasilios,

that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Regards,

Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can fetch only the principal ID from BPM.

You may write a Java Bean or something similar, where you could fetch other user data from the UME Database based on the Principal ID passed by BPM; and get those details as an output, back to the BPM context if desired.

User data apart from ID cannot be fetched directly through BPM.