cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repositories going to Inactive State frequently

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Members,

We have an issue with the repositories in SAP BODS 4.2. We have installed the Server version and created repositories (both central and local) and added them in CMC as well. All the repositories are given all the required privileges. But every few days the repositories go to an inactive state in CMC.

And also, in the DSMC, the repositories have a warning symbol next to them and the following message is displayed in the status tab:
Repository <repo-name> : Invalid repository (BODI-3015004)

Once we change the host entry in CMC from IP to Hostname or vice versa for that particular repository then it will switch to active state.

Does anyone have any idea about why this might be occuring and if there is any fix for this occurrence.

Thanks,

Jasmine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine Dennis,

We have encountered this issue after a Database Reboot. We have reset the Repositories' passwords and reconfigured them in CMC > Data Services > Repositories > Right click properties the (Affected Repositories in Inactive State) > enter the new password. Then test the connection and save. Hope this helps.

Command use in resetting Repositories' password in Oracle: Make sure your are a sysdba user.

ALTER USER repository_name IDENTIFIED BY new_password;

Also, restarting the SIA or Server Intelligence Agent will fix the issue.

christian_kinne
Explorer
0 Kudos

The problem was that I forgot to run the upgrade procedure for the repository after the upgrade. This must be done for each repository, I don't have find out how to upgrade all repositories in one procedure. Maybe, but this solved the problem with the inactiv repository for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input, unfortunately, I've upgraded all of our repositories and we're still experiencing this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're having the exact same issue.  Did you discover a solution?

former_member208363
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I too faced the same earlier. Go to CMC and re-enter the database credentials.

It could help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, that's the problem.  Every day the repositories become "Inactive" and every day we re-enter the database credientials to make them active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Repository connection will become inactive if connection to repository fails, since in your case it's after switching from IP to hostname or hostname to IP this looks more like a Network issue, is the server IP fixed or  keeps changing ?

check the hosts file if you have entry for the host and ip in that, you can remove that and see if that resolves the issue and always use hostname in the connection parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the reply.

We have always had a fixed IP for the Server.

Also, we usually use the hostname, but when the repositories go to an Inactive state, we are forced to use the IP just to bring back the repositories to the Active State.

And even if we keep the IP, the repositories still go back to Inactive state and we have to switch back to host name to bring the repositories back to active state.

This is a vicious cycle.

Do you have any more suggestions? Thanks.

-Jasmine.

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This could be a firewall or timeout error.By the way, are you running any anti-virus programs in your DB server?.That could well be a root cause.Also try remove the repository and adding back in the CMC.

Magesh

christian_kinne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Have the same issue with SQL Server connection. How can I bring back a repository in an active status ? We have upgrade the BODS to Version 14.2.3 , in the CMC the Version of the repositories are 14.2.1 but the repository tool was still running without any error. Only the default repository is active with version 14.2.1, looks strange.

Have someone a hint or a idea ?

Christian